New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

If I told you that, I'd probably get kicked off R M Web mate, haha.:nono:

I do have some new plans drawn up for various size POD's (Pits of Doom), and lets just say, it may mean another change in direction, as it's the Building I enjoy, and so a NEW challenge awaits, if I'm lucky enough to have a decent size POD.:this:

Haha I was thinking RAILWAY related :P lol!!  I was getting confused for a minus TOPS to POD! lol. Glad to see the sunshine has returned at New Mills however, I was starting to get a little concerned about flash flooding with all this recent rain, although the pond in the field doesn't appear to have got any bigger, so that may be a good sign!

A change in direction ... hmm can't be 3.5" garden railways as your talking inside, a Z scale model of the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway perhaps? ;)

Rich

• Funny 4

20 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Just for Saxo and many others here is 56049, seen a few days later on another Steel working to Trafford Park.

DSCF3525.JPG.746b748d37603dcd526758ec000b1228.JPG

Impressive picture!!!

been following your vids to on youtube Andy...

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Just been watching this Video, mainly of Eastleigh, but didn't really see any near miss's as I know the Trackwork there.

Hi Andy

I think the angle it is filmed at and the driver of the Brush Type 4 being cautious has made it seem a near miss but the signalling should not have allowed both to be moving if there was a risk of a collision. Anyhow it does seem to be an advert saying you can have your loco in any colour you want but it must be a class 66.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

I think the angle it is filmed at and the driver of the Brush Type 4 being cautious has made it seem a near miss but the signalling should not have allowed both to be moving if there was a risk of a collision. Anyhow it does seem to be an advert saying you can have your loco in any colour you want but it must be a class 66.

It's a common movement, normally with Portsmouth / Brighton bound Passenger Services departing from Platform 3, whilst other Services, Passenger or Freight departing from P2 take the Southampton Main Line as the Freightliner has done.

As for 66's, Well the Silvery green blue one with one wagon was a 59, Ex ARC I think, and I did see a 70 and 60 in a couple of shots, plus of course the old 08.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

It's a common movement, normally with Portsmouth / Brighton bound Passenger Services departing from Platform 3, whilst other Services, Passenger or Freight departing from P2 take the Southampton Main Line as the Freightliner has done.

As for 66's, Well the Silvery green blue one with one wagon was a 59, Ex ARC I think, and I did see a 70 and 60 in a couple of shots, plus of course the old 08.

Looked like a shed on wheels. Anyhow what would I know about modern image stuff, am only a committee member of DEMU. :scratchhead:

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Looked like a shed on wheels. Anyhow what would I know about modern image stuff, am only a committee member of DEMU. :scratchhead:

But you only know about Vintage Stock from the Dark (green) Ages.:man_in_love_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Just been watching this Video, mainly of Eastleigh, but didn't really see any near miss's as I know the Trackwork there.

Hi Andy,

I suspect its an overactive imagination from the enthusiast filming.  Im no expert but it looked like the TPWS triggered on the loco and drop the brakes on, causing a quick stop. I suspect the cameraman thought the driver had braked the avoid the Freightliner.  As you say, from a signalling and operational viewpoint a safe move and not a near miss, unless im missing something!

Re the silvery/green loco - no that is GBRf's 66711 - it was painted in the same livery as the 59s for the Aggregate Industries contract out of Bardon Hill, and named Sence, which is the name of the river that runs through or alongside the Bardon Hill Quarry.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

16 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

I suspect its an overactive imagination from the enthusiast filming.  Im no expert but it looked like the TPWS triggered on the loco and drop the brakes on, causing a quick stop. I suspect the cameraman thought the driver had braked the avoid the Freightliner.  As you say, from a signalling and operational viewpoint a safe move and not a near miss, unless im missing something!

Re the silvery/green loco - no that is GBRf's 66711 - it was painted in the same livery as the 59s for the Aggregate Industries contract out of Bardon Hill, and named Sence, which is the name of the river that runs through or alongside the Bardon Hill Quarry.

Rich

Cheers Rich, I didn't know about the 66/59, just shows to go dat I no nuffin about trains.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Rich, I didn't know about the 66/59, just shows to go dat I no nuffin about trains.

Hi Andy

Haha :) Its an easy mistake to make. From a distance you can only tell by the light arrangement on the front or the yellow nameplate.  Oops, I'm showing my anorak side off now ...... <shuffles off>

Rich

• Like 1