Midland in Tewkesbury

Tricky

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

Absolutely stunning, but then your work always has been! I remember seeing Midland in Bristol at the Uckfield show back in 2019. It was an absolute work of art, and so is this 👌

midland_at_railex.jpg.dbf65365b99970ca24fc7214009830b8.jpg

After appearing at Railex and then Uckfield in 2019, Midland in Bristol was acquired by the late Don Leeper.

Don's widow, Pauline, kindly donated it to the East Somerset Modellers who I believe are looking to exhibit it sometime in the future.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, adrianmc said:

After appearing at Railex and then Uckfield in 2019, Midland in Bristol was acquired by the late Don Leeper.

Don's widow, Pauline, kindly donated it to the East Somerset Modellers who I believe are looking to exhibit it sometime in the future.

That's great to know! I knew it was for sale at the time of the show, and was very tempted to enquire about it. But 7mm was outside my area of expertise so didn't pursue it.

I'm so pleased to know it will live on on the exhibition circuit 👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

That's great to know! I knew it was for sale at the time of the show, and was very tempted to enquire about it. But 7mm was outside my area of expertise so didn't pursue it.

I'm so pleased to know it will live on on the exhibition circuit 👍

Is 7mm still outside your area of expertise?

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Tricky said:

Is 7mm still outside your area of expertise?

Sadly so, and given my current state of finances and home situation I'm not really able to do anything hobby related even in 4mm.

Which is why I love being able to see all these lovely layouts online, I can live vicariously 🙂

• Friendly/supportive 7