PCB source

south_tyne

Hi all, can anyone suggest a good place to buy small sheets of PCB? I always purchased it at Maplin's in the past but given their demise I wondered whether there was anywhere to buy on the 'high street' nowadays? Obviously I know there will be options online but I would rather buy in person if possible.

Thanks in advance for any pointers. 

David 

• RMweb Premium

I was unable to find any in local shops but there's lots of it, both single and double sided, available cheaply on eBay.

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Thanks 1

RS Components trade counters?

There are not many places left that sell components retail...

Some local computer repair shops may be prepared to obtain items for you, if they deal with the bigger suppliers like RS or Farnell.

• Thanks 1

There were a few mentions of independent suppliers in the Maplin thread in the small suppliers section, but I can't think of any national chains with shops (apart from the RS Counters)  that are left.

Going by your user name, I see there is an RS Trade Counter (they're called RS Local)  in Gateshead which is probably your closest. I don't know how much shelf browsing you can do though - I suspect  as with places like Screwfix, there's a bit of product out front on the shelves, but mostly it's in the warehouse behind. They do say they have staff to talk to though. 

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=our-services/rs-local

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

it depends on where your high street is.

ESR components is in Cullercoats..

online is easier

Rapid online

Farnell Element 14

Modelling Electronics

Amazon,

Ebay

Edited by TheQ
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for you very useful replies and suggestions. RS Components seems a good bet and I might pop over to Cullercoats to ESR,  especially if I can tie it in with another trip. Failing that, online is the fallback. 

Thanks again!

David