The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

People Doing Something Dumb And Making Me Late For Work

monkeysarefun

Now I"m  the first to sing the praises of the typical Aussie truck driver, anyone who has seen an NT road train reversing has to admit that our truckies are up there with the best in the world.

As someone who hates backing a box trailer at the tip, anyone who even attempts to do this has my unending regard.

However, occasionally there is one who does something really dumb, and makes me late for work and thus  deserves to be shamed and have a post about them put  on rmweb.
This is the latest from the start of this week:

What made the driver of one of these:

ianelli.jpg.19b3d18e421a424e40b293d184324c7d.jpg

See this well known restricted traffic  route, with its hairpin bend, steep descent to weight restricted single lane bridge, steep ascent to another hairpin bend and scary forest monks  think "No worries, I'll give it a go!"
wilton2.jpg.13b877878d70e58d258d5e97a57a37c2.jpg

Surprisingly he got through the first hairpin:
wilton3.jpg.b5ceec3fa780e7f749ff7ef675723405.jpg

before unexpectedly the inevitable happenned:

fb.jpg.c69287c8610796a5a0d32ad45114f9c4.jpg

Apparently his reason was he was tired and wanted to get home quicker. 
So just another example of someone doing something dumb and making me late for work.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Sh*t happens all the time. Someone doesn't think something through and it impacts others, it's a fact of of life. The late delivery (if he was loaded), the cost of recovery and the damage might possibly mean he's looking for another job soon, so I'd say his actions could have impacted himself a lot more than you.

24 minutes ago, Talltim said:

its going to be a long journey for those Hobbits

Via the Brandywine Bridge. More than twenty miles!

• RMweb Premium

I was once at a trucking company in Melbourne, where the driver parallel parked a Double-B, (two trailers) in the driveway.

He did it with almost no spare gap between two other trucks and no adjustments at all required. No idea how he did it, but an impressive bit of driving. Obviously he'd done it before!

• Like 1

We have a 7.5t weight limit over the river bridge at the bottom of the hill, before the railway station.  Today the railway bridge beyond the station turning has been closed (expected to be for two weeks) for much needed repair works.  Advertised for weeks in advance, large diversion and road closed signs at top of road. Today's dumb activity? Road tanker (well over 7.5t) ignores all the signs and has to do 3 point turn in entrance to railway station, thus crossing the river bridge twice when it shouldn't have been there at all!

• Friendly/supportive 1