The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Realtime Trains App

Bon Accord

This week I've cashed in my iphone for a shiny new Samsung S10 and on setting up the latter I can't seem to find an android version of the RTT app which has graced my various Iphones over the years.

It's an app I find especially useful when travelling, especially at those stations who insist on causing as much confusion as possible by not displaying a platform number until about a minute before departure time despite the stock lying there with doors open.

If the old app is no longer available, can any of our more tech savvy members recommend a replacement?

Edited by Bon Accord

• RMweb Premium

Is there even an iOS app...? I've always just used the website, and looking in the App Store I can't see it.

Edit: there was, it's no longer on the App Store (iOS, so I'd assume Android may be similar). Link to (possible) Android version on their website here.

Edited by njee20

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like that one's still live then! The iOS app just says "This is no longer available in your region". Presumably they didn't update it to 64-bit, so it gets ousted. I always find it tough to swallow paying for an app when the website is extremely easy to navigate by phone.