Eileen's Emporium

I have been working hard to get the website launched and am pleased to tell you all that (despite the odd cosmetic error) the site is basically up and running. Checking the entire database of over 2800 products was too much for one hit, so I decided to launch it product by product.

So far I have loaded:

Evergreen Plastics

Avonside Chassis Jigs

Hold and Fold + Brass Assis Jigs

All Wires and Rods

Birchwood Casey Metal Blackening Products.

As an incentive to check it out I am offering the following on orders through the site until the end of October 2009

10% discount on Evergreen products.

5% on Hold and Fold and Brass Assist tools.

Free shipping on Avonside Chassis2Pro and Chassis2Superpro Jigs.

I note the comment about the large white space which appears with some computers. Please tell me if you get this problem, or indeed any others.

Regards

Derek aka Eileen the third

More products have now been added to the Eileen's Emporium website www.eileensemporium.com

There are now over 1250 products to choose from. Sorry for the shortage of pictures, these will follow when I get a giant economy size box of spare time.

New additions include: Abrasive Blocks

Aluminium Tubes

Paint Brushes

Brass Tubes

Fluid Lead

4mm & 7mm loco components

Piercing saws and blades

Pins

Soldering Iron, solders and fluxes

Swann Moreton Knives and Blades

Stainless Steel Microbraid and threads

BA Nut spinners and precision spanners

Spring Steel Wire

Brass L T U & Z sections (200 and 250mm) (longer to follow later)

Precision Screwdrivers

Threaded rods

Xacto saws and blades

Xuron Cutters

Regards

Derek (White space issue resolved - again - I believe)

Are you going to add a section link for O ? The products are there and I found the link http://www.eileensemporium.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=85&Itemid=26 but its not on the 'Metals Section' page yet.

Is there any chance of an easy was of sorting metric vs swg/imperial sizes?

Great work though even if I may sometimes use it as a browse before an exhibition instead of ordering at the time. If I really need something quick though it'll be great (like this O tube i'm investigating).

This is a work in progress. About 1250 products from the range on the websit so far. Between 1500 and 2000 to go. Splitting Imperial from Metric may be a good idea, but needs to be balanced against creating too complex a tree of categories. I will give it serious consideration.

It looks like you found a bug in the system with the Tube. We are on the case.

If there is a product you cannot find you can always email a question. If it is not on the site yet you can always add it in the notes section of checkout.

Yes I can take paypal, but I do not offer on the website as the charges to me are significantly higher than those of Credit Cards, so I have to charge a small premium (2.5%, Min ??1.00). Simply check out using the bank transfer route and add a note in the box on the next page, I will then send a Paypal money request.

Derek

• 3 weeks later...

More products have now been added to the Eileen's Emporium website www.eileensemporium.com

There are now about 1400 products to choose from. My web guru has been down with the pig flu so there has been a delay, hopefully the rate of adding new products will speed up now.

The new additions are:

Common sizes of Nuts and Bolts. We have many more, if we do not list what you want please ask.

Lubricants

Brass and Steel Pins

Micro Sol, Set, Mask etc

Solvents

Cutting Mats

I have also managed to find the ideal present for the other half, an ultrasonic bath that is great for cleaning jewellery. Conveniently it can be borrowed to clean models. See USON1

Regards

Derek

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any fine chain for OO gauge ? This seems to be a a real hard-to-find item. Have a look at the Cambrian Models GWR crane kit if you can get hold of one. They supply a small length of chain with the kit but I have never been able to buy anything like it.

Yet more products, this time including Plastruct. Now passed the 2400

product mark.

There has been a very good response to the Extreme Products, so much so

that we are running a competition for suggestions for more. Prizes

include a ??30 voucher, half price products and free postage. See the

competition tab on the website www.eileensemporium.com

Eileen's will be at Rhondda, St Albans and Southampton exhibitions this

month (Jan 2010).

Derek

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic to see all products there!!

I'm saving for a couple of the specials:-

The Budget stretching tool and the skill enhancing tablets.

As it's POA I guess it's a case of if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

• RMweb Gold

If you can afford the budget stretching tool then you probably do not need it.

Did you look at the detail on the Skill Enhancing tablets?

Just have, and you are the cheapest by far, it's the sight enhancement tablets that are proving tricky to get hold of though

icon_wow.gif

Archived