Bolton West

John40131

Thank you for allowing me to join the group, I am modelling my Layout for Bolton Station in the 1960s, I have a layout of North of platforms ( Bolton West 1963 ) and at the moment I am making the 4 way crossing after the "Y" points using PCB sleepers and rails from Hattons further up the tracks I will probably leave off some of the sidings, I found the polarity a challenge but as it turned out I can link 5 DPDT relays with 1 switch so all lines Left open then 4 lines right open, the next challenge is the traingle and the tracks to the right merge into 2 lines ..

I would be grateful for any help with switching on the triangle as is not a straight forward same track to same track.

I am using DCC on layout and eventually using JMRI to control..

Regards John

Bolton Station West.jpg

20190808_162841(0)[1].jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As you are using DCC then I would use a reverse loop module, or two frog juicers, connected to the two tracks in the upper triangle. Isolate those tracks and let the DCC electronics do its thing.

The only issue would be that the only vehicle in any given train that had wheel pickups would have to be the loco as the upper triangle itself isn't big enough to accommodate much more.

Regards,

John P