Automatic Motor Tuning Feature on a PowerCab

simonjk

Hi,

Trying to use the Automatic Motor Tuning Feature, for my new Realtrack 156,  on a PowerCab by setting CV54 to 0 then pressing F1 but can't seem to get it to work.  

I go onto "Programming On The Main" select the loco number and then select CV.  I then enter 54 for the CV and set it to 0.  I then press Escape and the number 1, I assume that's F1,  on the controller but nothing happens.  I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong in the process but getting fed of up trying so I'd thought I'd seek some advice.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong ? 

Thanks

Simon  

Edited by simonjk
additional info

• RMweb Premium

I recall a similar problem with one of our locos at the club. I know that we eventually got it to work but I can't immediately remember how.

I'll try some experiments here today and get back to you if nobody else beats me to it.

• Like 1

It was more out of curiosity I was trying it and I wondered if I was doing something wrong with the process I was following on the PowerCab handset.  I assumed the chips were fine as they ran and the lights worked as expected.

I normally don't do anything other than set the address. 

Although while playing around I have noticed that out of the 4 cars (I bought 2 156's) 3 run at the same speed and one runs a lot slower at slower speeds but the same at faster speed settings.  I'm still running the units in so these might clear up.

I'll do a decoder reset as that cleared everything yesterday when I was playing and leave it as is.  

Thanks for your time.

Simon

When attempting to use the Tune facility, always record the number in CV54 before you reset it to 0.

Sometime it takes more than one go. Also if it's worse, you can enter the original number and return to normal.

I've said it before but in case ewe have new readers her, when I get a new chip I always record the entries in CVs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 54, 63, 64 & 65.

Dave.