Loksound & express models lighting issue.

Simon Moore

Hi everyone

Yesterday I decided to crack on with a dcc sound & light installation on a Bachmann class 158. I've fitted everything in but I have 1 small issue, the lights are working in the wrong direction so red going forwards & white on the rear. 

Everything is wired to the corresponding colour so I am guessing it's either the pick up wires the wrong way or one of the 3 lighting wires. I dont have any instructions for the light unit I have lost them.

Can anyone help me out ?

• RMweb Premium

It won't be the pickup wires - they make no difference to direction.

There is a possibility that you have put the boards in the incorrect vehicles - IIRC - Express boards are "directional".

Swap the boards over or swap the white/yellow wires from the decoder to the lighting board.

• Informative/Useful 1

1. On DCC it is certainly not the pick up wires.

Did you try to exchange white and yellow cable with each other?

2. Maybe the lighting is correct but the loco is just running in wrong direction?

In this case the motor wiring is wrong.

3. Eventually the reverse mode in the decoder is active so could you please check CV 29.

23 minutes ago, newbryford said:

It won't be the pickup wires - they make no difference to direction.

There is a possibility that you have put the boards in the incorrect vehicles - IIRC - Express boards are "directional".

Swap the boards over or swap the white/yellow wires from the decoder to the lighting board.

Thanks for that, it makes sense. I will swap the wires over I knew it was something simple.