RMweb

They are at it again .

Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Premium

To quote Victor , ' I really dont believe it ' . Two Portescaps just sold for

?? 197-95 , and a single for ?? 63-02.

I think the new one I still have will be on the market soon , and the two that have been fitted for testing the chassis's of two builds will be close behind , I could get some nice kits complete for that sort of money .

Apologies if anyone here bought them .

I think bidders get carried away even a Hornby R2277 LIVE STEAM DWIGHT D EISENHOWER went for ??248 +P&P with 20 bidders, a quick look around on the WWW and someone could have saved a ??100 with a new model.

With secondhand items you pay what you are willing to pay on EBay and pray all is what it says it is on the tin.

Someone wanted these Portescaps and were willing to pay to get them.

I saw a Westward models Terrier kit go for wild amounts last week - 30 quid tops usually - then I noticed it had one of these in the box. I guess if someone doesn't want the pile of whitemetal they can contact me here!

:icon_mutter: It depends on which side of the sale you are on. I was able to fund my 'O' gauge activities by the sale of my 'oo' gear.

Just to rub salt into the wound I have purchased on e-bay two rg7's boxed with delrin gear and chain ??30.00 each. one used at ??25.00 and a un-started MMP 08 kit complete with new RG7 for ??12.49 Buy it now. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: (There is no smiley for smug) E.bay needs treating for what it is an auction site...sometimes you get a bargain.

Terry

This proves the 2 facts about Ebay.

Present your item poorly and or in the wrong section with a bad description ending at the wrong time, and get nothing for it.

Put your item in the correct section, described well with good clear pictures and ending at a prime time and you stand to get a good price.

As a buyer I hope sellers continue to follow the first example.

I've sold nearly all my portescaps, all of them fetching between 60 & 75 quid a piece... I couldn't believe it when the first one shot through the roof! When you consider that you can pick up the actual motors, without the gearbox, for around a tenner if you look carefully, that's an awful lot of dosh for a gearbox...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived