baseboard levelling

AndrewC

A quick plea for a pointer in the right direction. Once upon a time I used threaded adjustable feet with tee bolts for levelling my modules. I planned on doing the same for my current project but find that places like B&Q, Wickes, etal no longer seem to stock the things. A bit of Google searching resulted in places that wanted to sell to me by the thousand or that wanted an obscene price for a pair of them.

Apart from Brilliant Baseboards (£6/pair) can anyone suggest a source for these. Alternately is there a better solution for levelling a layout under less than level flooring conditions?

Thanks in advance.

My B&Q in inverness certainly sell the Tee-nuts in M6 and M8 sizes in packs (about 8 I think), and you then buy suitable length M6 or M8 bolts and nuts to make sure they are locked. If you are totally stuck, send me an email with your address and quantities/sizes needed and I'll try to get them for you. Pay pal will be fine.

Have a look at Staion Road Baseboards.

Information about various types is at:

http://www.stationro...k/cart_feet.htm

The service I have had from them so far has been very good.

Well, further to my earlier post, I'm pleased to confirm they are the same as those I have purchased from Woodfit, so I know where I'll get the next ones from....smile.gif

Just a shame I didn't know a few months back...

Thank's to all for the ideas and suggestions. The ones from Station Road are exactly what I need. (the longer ones that is)

Jack, I like the idea of just using the bolt end with a tee nut. Nice and cheap. However I get the feeling that some exhibition managers would cringe at the potential damage they could do to a gym floor, without some sort of plastic or nylon foot as protection.

Once again thanks. I hadn't considered Ebay. I still think of it as an auction site.

Gordon, excellent idea about using the bolt covers. I picked up a pack at the local Screwfix this morning and tried it out. (working from home has its advantages sometimes) Sadly they rip to shreds when the bolt is moved across the floor. They're good for protecting the bolt head but not robust enough to handle the weight of a module or any lateral scraping on the floor.

One thing I did discover on re-reading the club's module specs is that the foot must have a +- 25mm adjustment. That means a minimum thread length of 60mm. (50mm play plus 10mm in the tee nut for stability) I've contacted the first seller mentioned by Dave and he can supply the same feet with a 60mm thread and differing foot sizes for £5.95 /dozen including postage. Since I'm going to need around 50 of them its a hell of a lot cheaper than the £6/pair that Brilliant baseboards is asking for. Before you ask, thats 10 feet for the club modules I'm building and 40 for my own layout (22' by 7', HO BNSF Montana)

Thats one of the wonderful things about RMWeb. All the help and co-operation. smile.gif

John I had considered beer mats but at £3.20/pint in London these days. I'd drain my bank account and pickle my liver before getting the first module built. laugh.gif

Johnteal. I had looked at those feet but they are designed to be mounted on a flat base and not the end of a wooden leg or support. The legs would have to be at least 2 1/2" in diameter in order to mount the foot bracket to the bottom. Shame as the are a great idea and cheap.

A follow up. My feet arrived today, less than 48 hours after having the ebay seller specially package and list a set of 60mm threaded ones. ebay seller Worked out at less than 50p a foot. Let the leg building frenzy commence.

Archived