*New Kit*

I'm pleased to finally be able to share our second 00 scale body kit, the Sentinel vertical boiler steam loco. The kit is designed to fit the Tenshodo/Hanazono motor bogie (Not supplied) and is pictured on the 35mm WB version.

The kit can be purchased from either of the below links

DSC_0158.JPG?format=1500w

Website or eBay

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Freelance Sentinel body kit in 00
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Last few 2022 calendars remaining & new Sentinel kit in 00

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of our customer a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. We're going to be taking a short break over the festive period and will reopen in the new year. We'll still be accepting orders. But, nothing will be processed till the first week in January.

I've also reduced the price of my last 2 railway Calendars (plenty of NG), These can be found here

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd kick off the new year with a sale. If you use the code NEWYEAR22 you'll get 22% off on all orders. The code is only valid on my website

The sale will run for 1 week from today.

DSC_0164.JPG?format=1500w

Also, I thought now would be a good opportunity to launch a new model. I wanted to make something a bit different. So, say hello to the Sentinel steam wagon. It comes with a number of separately fitted parts, which the builder can add if they choose, such as, axle details, a lamp, steps for the cab and boiler.

The model uses the Kato 108 chassis and can be purchased from either of the below links.

Website

eBay

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New year 22% off sale and new 009 kit
  • 2 weeks later...

New 009 Kit!

clogher1.jpg?format=2500w

For a while now, I've wanted to do a more accurate model of the Clogher Valley Railway's Sharp Stewart tank engines. The railway had 6 of these engines, sadly none of which survive. They were built to run cab first and were turned on a turntable at each end of the line. They were also fitted with large cow catches at the rear only. On my model, this is an optional extra, and you can fit another coupling instead.

clogher2.jpg?format=2500w

The kit can be purchased from my online shop here

or from my eBay page

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New 009 locomotive kit - Clogher Valley Railway's Sharp Stewart tank engine
  • RMweb Gold

Recently I've completed one of Matt's Kerr Stuart Sirdar tramway version prints and very pleased I am too. 

A lovely build and one which allows some Old School modelling to boot. 

Craster Kippers and more...

My blog entry can be found here:

Well recommended and just a happy customer. 

Thanks for looking. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 46444 said:

Recently I've completed one of Matt's Kerr Stuart Sirdar tramway version prints and very pleased I am too. 

A lovely build and one which allows some Old School modelling to boot. 

Craster Kippers and more...

My blog entry can be found here:

Well recommended and just a happy customer. 

Thanks for looking. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

WOW! That looks amazing Mark, thanks for posting

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 16/01/2022 at 16:46, MattDitch said:

New 009 Kit!

For a while now, I've wanted to do a more accurate model of the Clogher Valley Railway's Sharp Stewart tank engines. The railway had 6 of these engines, sadly none of which survive. They were built to run cab first and were turned on a turntable at each end of the line. They were also fitted with large cow catches at the rear only. On my model, this is an optional extra, and you can fit another coupling instead.

Sadly indeed none of them survived. The reason is sort of explained on pages 52 & 53 of the following magazine.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/38253840/five-foot-three-number-39-railway-preservation-society-of-ireland

Edited by No Decorum
Corrected reference.
  • Thanks 1

New 009 scenic item kit.

boiler1.jpg?format=1500w

For a while now, I've wanted to branch out into making scenic items as well as locomotive & rolling stock kits. With this in mind, I'm pleased to finally be able to release my first scenic kit. A generic 009 steam locomotive boiler. This could be used as a Stationary/ scrap or under restoration boiler.

You can get this from either of the below links.

Website

eBay

boiler2.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - 009 narrow gauge Stationary/ scrap or under restoration boiler.
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New 009 kits coming friday

New 009 models & 20% off weekend sale

I teased the other day that I would have some new 009 models to show off. Well, here they are!

Up first is an Armstrong Whitworth diesel. This is designed to fit the Kato 108/109 chassis.

DSC_0327.JPG?format=1500w

This is followed by 2 items of rolling stock. Up first is a 1 plank wagon with a steam locomotive water tank that's been converted into a water carrier. This is followed by another 1 plank wagon with a scrap steam locomotive boiler as its load.

DSC_0338.JPG?format=1500w

DSC_0333.JPG?format=2500w

The final new kit for today is a freelance water tower.

DSC_0341.JPG?format=1500w

All the above models are available from my shop here

Use the code WEEKENDSALE20 for 20% off your order.

These are also available from eBay

All the items on there have the "make me an offer" feature on. So feel free to make me a sensible offer

• Like 2

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New 009 models & 20% off weekend sale
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New Shapeways page

I've mentioned elsewhere that I had a couple of new 009 locomotive kits to release today. These are as follows....

Up first is "Mini Beddgelert" a Hunslet saddle tank with motion covers designed to fit the Kato 11-105 chassis.

DSC_0460.JPG?format=1500w

This is followed by cut down Hunslet side tank "Russ". This is loosely based on Russell as it appeared after its height was reduced to run on the Ffestiniog railway.

DSC_0464.JPG?format=1500w

And finally we have a mini Hunslet "Eva"

DSC_0466.JPG?format=1500w

These models will also be available from my eBay shop here

• Like 1

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Three new Hunslet inspired locomotive kits in 009
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - MD Models - Weekend 20% off sale

New Kit Thursday....no I'm not going to make this a thing

I'm often asked to make more 009 diesel kits, so here is one!

It's a freelance centre cab based on my Armstrong Whitworth diesel design. Don't worry, you don't have to paint yours yellow!

This is designed to fit a Kato 105 bogie chassis. Link to model

DSC_0025.JPG?format=1500w

Next up is a colonial style Hunslet side tank, again in 009. I have two versions of this available, with and without side skirts. The side skirt version is designed to fit the Kato 108 or 109 chassis.

Link to model

DSC_0027.JPG?format=1500w

The skirtless version was done as a request and I thought it is a shame not to share it. I don't know what chassis this could fit. But, I have included the measurements in the below link.

Link to model

DSC_0029.JPG?format=1500w

These models are also available from my eBay store here

• MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - 3 new 009 locomotive kits (1 diesel, 2 steam)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - Weekend 20% off flash sale
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New 009 Peckett 0-6-0ST kit
  • MattDitch changed the title to MD Models - New 009 Sena sugar estates inspired Peckett 0-6-0 saddle tank kit

New 009 Sentinel railcar kit and 10% off weekend sale

DSC_0334.jpg?format=1500w

I'm very pleased to be able to finally share the Sentinel railcar kit I've been working on. It's designed to fit the Kato 105 chassis.

It can be run as a single unit, there is space at the back which could be a second cab.

Or, you can purchase the double pack, which contains two body kits. This would allow the user to make a multiple unit.

Single Railcar >> https://www.mattditch.photography/online-shop-1/009-sentinel-railcar-body-kit-mdm51

Double Pack >> https://www.mattditch.photography/online-shop-1/009-sentinel-railcar-bodykit-double-pack-mdm52

eBay Link >> https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?item=133289066533&amp%3Brt=nc&amp%3B_trksid=p2047675.l2562&_ssn=mdmodels12&_sop=10

Use the code EASTER10 to get 10% off your orders over the Easter weekend. https://www.mattditch.photography/online-shop-1