The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Graphic cards on PCs

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I've just had a Graphics Update from Radeon (AMD) and it's left me without any Radeon graphics

The PC is a dual graphics card PC with two Radeon R7 200 cards driving 4 displays.

I've just one display on and Windows can't find any further displays.

Neither of the display adaptors shows in Win 10 Device manager and the driver is shown as Window basic graphic driver.

In the UEFI there are no peripheral graphics cards shown and I can't find an option to add any, in fact there are no graphics settings obviously available.

There is always a graphics setting for boot up, why can't I find one?

Any attempt to cannect to AMD/Radeon and re-do the grahics update is met with "can't access website, no network adaptor present" which is obviously wrong as I am posting this.

I'm totally stumped.

Any ideas?

Edited by melmerby

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I had a Radeon card a few years ago which behaved the same way. It worked perfectly with the drivers that came on the CD in the box, but wouldn't accept any updated drivers at all.

Perhaps part of the problem might be that AMD have effectively abandoned Crossfire (much like nVidia have abandoned mostly SLI in favour of the newer method their Quadro cards use) and that the R7 cards are a little old comparatively to the current crop.

Check the latest driver information and see if it says something along the lines of dropping support for certain cards and features (such as Crossfire).

I expect one of the next updates for nVidia will start dropping support for 900 series cards at some point (I have a 970).