Sequence of construction on this junction

Hello fellow modellers, I was hoping to get started on laying some track for my layout today or tomorrow. It is a hybrid of Peco Bullhead and hand-laid OO-SF pointwork. I've laid track in a few scales before and not had too much trouble, but never attempted a three-way or a diamond before. So, with that - here is what I'm dealing with:

rPJoS43.png?1

My initial thought is to lay the rearmost route of the three-way and the adjacent vee, but i really have no clear idea!

Thanks!

• RMweb Premium

Hi William,

I know that I am in 2mm and you are in 4 for this, But some of the build sequence for my diamond, Single slip & tandem are in this thread.

Apart from that, posting on Hayfields Hand built track thread mught give a better answer

Regards & stay safe

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As Stephen has stated, start with the  centre common crossing of the tandem turnout and then I would work towards getting the other common crossings in place. I also fit droppers as I'm going to the crossings. I use brass lace making pins and snip them off about 10mm below and baseboard and put a square with a marker pen, so that I can spot it again when I do the wiring.