YEC Janus Shunters in North East England

Pillar

I'm contemplating a repaint or two of the Oxford Rail Janus 0-6-0s, and have seen quite a few references to the locos being used at ICI Billingham and NCB Ashington. However, other than the latter being no. 2708, I haven't been able to find any details or photos.

Does anyone have any details of these, or other members of the class based in the North East?

Cheers,

Liam

ICI Billingham had some, these had the distinct flared headstocks and two ex ICI ones ended their days at Boulby before being replaced by two ex BSC 0-6-0 Sentinels.

The one at Ashington was there more as a trial for comparison with the North British that was there. 

Not Ot sure if any worked at BSC Jarrow.

• Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for your replies. I was aware that the ICI locos had a different bufferbeam shape, but images of them in ICI service seem to be thin on the ground.

There is one here at ICI Severnside works. Judging from the chassis Michael has posted above, the livery would appear to be similar to the Billingham examples?

Besides this there are a few images out there of the locos in post-ICI service: here and here for example.

At least one former Scunthorpe loco seems to have been based at Jarrow also.

Edited by Pillar