RMweb

On Dogs

iL Dottore

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Daisy's been out train spotting again....

53682772184_70de6c2045_c.jpg

she's very picky....Clan Line with afternoon ECS on the way to Bath on Saturday...

53682608933_5291e7a0be_c.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 13
  • Round of applause 1

We acquired Toddy as an Exmoor farm terrier, in other words a Jack Russell Terrier.  Behaved impeccably with stock, hated vermin and loved children and cats.  He always returned on call so on a walk we would let him do his own thing, which meant the exploration of every hole and culvert.  So our silky brown and white dog rapidly became a muddy scruff.  

So on return home, two things happened consequently.  First he has hung under the yard tap until the mud was removed, then he charged round the garden having a shake then a rub down with his towel.  Second he was allowed in front of a blazing gas fire.  Toddy was blissfully happy, the rest of us had to put up with the smell of wet dog.

TODDY_2.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Funny 4

6 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Daisy's been out train spotting again....

53682772184_70de6c2045_c.jpg

she's very picky....Clan Line with afternoon ECS on the way to Bath on Saturday...

She may just be being polite (y"know, keeping the Guv"nor happy).

When she starts to insist her dinner is served in a LMS/GWR/SR/LNER/BR liveried dog bowl, you'll know you have trained her right.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

Re. dirty & muddy dogs: both Schotty and Lucy love rolling around on the ground. With Schotty, his preference is for snow (preferably fresh powder snow); Lucy's preference is for cow poo!

Fair enough, you might say, they're dogs enjoying being dogs - something we encourage (NOT the poo rolling though, however Lucy just ignores our instructions NOT to roll in cow pats) and a quick towel down (Schotty) or quick shower (Lucy)  resolves things

EXCEPT....

except Lucy takes great personal affront at being made to shower and makes her feelings very clear about it.

She does aristocratic disdain like no other dog I"ve ever known. Dame Maggie Smith (Downton Abbey) in full Dowager Duchess mode has nothing on a post-shower Lucy!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

She may just be being polite (y"know, keeping the Guv"nor happy).

When she starts to insist her dinner is served in a LMS/GWR/SR/LNER/BR liveried dog bowl, you'll know you have trained her right.

Would WB&A, WM, B&O, MA&PA, do in a pinch?? 🙃

• Funny 2

Posted (edited)

As I had mentioned, Aristocratic Disdain!

AristocraticBitch.gif.5fd8a3b5e6789aa2b9de1988ecceeca8.gif

(and, yes, that is Lucy. The only changes I made to the photo  was the addition of the tiara and the removal of the background in order to make a portrait of The Dowager Duchess)

Edited by iL Dottore
Removed a duplicate image
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 27/04/2024 at 09:35, Welchester said:

Bunty had to go under the knife this week. It was a small lump, but a large wound; the vet removed a lot of tissue as sarcomas are very invasive.

IMG_2252.jpeg

Update: not a sarcoma - the histology found no malignancy, so much relief all round.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

MerlinGuineaPig1.jpg.ad1e60b5d42750f456d3d2beb65ea7d7.jpg

I couldn't help but notice Merlin frozen in his alert "Cat or Sheep sighted" pose earlier, and he clearly wasn't admiring my dedication to the wireless office.

MerlinGuineaPig2.jpg.e1c2c4cb342f925c6677bfbc3f568bc2.jpg

Turns out he'd spotted the newly uncovered Miss June on my Hamster and Furry Rodent Weekly calendar!

Edited by franciswilliamwebb
  • Like 2
  • Funny 7