New from Scalescenes: Canal Wharf Boxfile

Started printing my 7mm version out. I'm going to use the paper as templates for 3mm ply. I have already come up with a location and name. "Bow Locks Brewery" set near Bow in East London. Hoping to start cutting wood next week. Once there is any progress I will post a thread in the 7mm section and a link here if anyone is interested. 

Marc 

• Like 2

I did think of using 3mm foam board but I thin 3mm ply would be better. Mike, of this very parish, built the factory one in 7mm using the same technique   Once I have printed everything out its a case of nesting them onto A3 sheets and then ordering the required sheets. The base boards will  be cut from 6mm ply. I need to work out how that is going to go together. The track work will be inlaid S7 mounted on copper clad back filled with DAS clay with the sets pressed in. The point work is about 50% there as I have a spare kit in the loft.

Marc

I have started building this box file kit - For other Australians in the audience, Officeworks print on 120 gsm paper as standard (or 100 gsm if you use their self-print facilities) and can optionally print on 200 gsm paper which is suitable for the 'light card' kit components. Additionally, you can get 600 gsm and 1000 gsm card under the brand name 'Quill' which serve well for the medium and heavy card options (measuring approximately 1 mm and 1.8 mm in thickness each).

My question for others who may have already completed this kit (or may have completed the industrial box layout), how have you secured the sector plate for the pivot rail to change between tracks? I am looking at putting this in a second box file which would align on the right of the first.

For those who may have already downloaded this kit, Scalescenes has posted an email with some small updates:

Instructions Step 137 - Should be 'Structure C'

Kit Sheet 22 -

'Back wall A' should have been labelled 'Back wall C'

The 'Glue Structure C Back wall A here' note on 'Back wall B' should be 'Glue Structure C Back wall  C here'

These corrections have also been included in the downloads for this kit.