Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Great night shot of the 20's rescue mission, looks really realistic to.

superb mate

Thanks Neil,

I don't do many night shots due to lack of layout lighting, but this shot has come up quite well.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter cracking shots as always I like your 108 it captures the look of them in service so well just how I remember them at the end of their careers!

Hope you have a great Christmas.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

All the best to you and yours.

I was never a fan of DMUs but do have a few pics of 108s here and there. I have done a bit of swapping with my two 108s this one started out as a power twin but I swapped the chassis from my other 108, I was given some info on Chester based 108s by one of the guys involved with the Mostyn layout, which was very useful.

Cheers Peter.

Merry Christmas to Llanbourne from your friends up the road at Penhayle Bay Here's to ongoing modelling developments and success in the new year.

Thanks Rick,

Merry Christmas to you all at Penhayle Bay, will have to catch up in the new year.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to say Happy New Year everyone, especially Andy and the team who do a great job.

Thanks for all the coments troughout the year, also thanks to all who have posted pictures of trains etc on the North Wales Coast. It all keeps me inspired to keep going and Improving Llanbourne.

At the end of each year I normally write down what I want to try and get done in the next year. It helps to keep me focused, I don't worry to much if I don't get everything ticked off as it's just a guide. If the mood takes me to do something not on the list I will do it. If something has been on the list for a few years I try and make it a priority.

The to do list for 2012 is.

Layout. Terrace house, Station roof, Loco shed, signal box, Backscenes.

Stock. 37428, 31403, 45110, FNA and barriers, 150 Sprinter, Large Loco 47. 50042.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year Peter from Rick and Sharon at an extremely warm Penhayle Bay! I guess your shed will be just as hot today. The track here is far too hot to touch and therefore too hot to safely run trains on but there will be a few "Midnight Specials" later on once it cools a little.

Here's to happy modelling in 2012.

Thanks Rick,

Yes, to hot for running trains, it takes a while to cool down out there too so no trains for a few days as it's going to hit the high 30s again tomorrow.

I did take a few pics the other day but still can't seem to load them.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete , look forward to seeing some new locos on yer layout, 374 will be nice...enjoy the warm weather , cheers bruv

Hi Bruv, 39.6 outside right now, A bit too hot really. Off to the beach latter.

Cheers Peter.

Hi All.

Looks like Andy and the team have fixed the pic loading problem.

Here are some pics of the 2Z08, Day three of the train running saw 45103 work the train, this time it left late and from platform 3.

Day four and 47106 with working boiler ( note steam leaking from loco and first coach) hauled the train.

Day five saw no heat class 25109 on the train, this would have been a cold trip but I would have done it for a bit of Rat haulage.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-43885100-1325481782_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-88711400-1325481862_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-34228000-1325481910_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-64753300-1325482928_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-27574600-1325482975_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-09858900-1325483013_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-22720500-1325483055_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-25881300-1325483090_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Super pics Peter although I'm sure

Day five saw no heat class 25109 on the train
will not have mattered in today's conditions!!! Officially a balmy 36℃ at the moment but with the rails here registering 50℃ on the thermometer.

Super pics Peter although I'm sure will not have mattered in today's conditions!!! Officially a balmy 36℃ at the moment but with the rails here registering 50℃ on the thermometer.

42.2 here. not game to go out into the garage.

Cheers Peter.

Official weather bureau figure for Melbourne (city) was 39.5 at 5:50pm so - I have no doubt it is slightly cooler where you guys are (near the bay) but still too hot to go outside if you don't have to.

Official weather bureau figure for Melbourne (city) was 39.5 at 5:50pm so - I have no doubt it is slightly cooler where you guys are (near the bay) but still too hot to go outside if you don't have to.

Hi Jeff,

42.2 was outside, only just dropping now 34.5. My garage would have been high 40s even 50.

Hopefully cooler tomorrow I have to go to work.

Cheers peter.

Happy New Year Peter - if you move the decimal point to the left of some of those temp readings to something around the 3 mark you'll have our current scottish temperature! No frozen points so trains are still running at Rannoch!

Nice photos as always,

All the best,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Frozen points on the West Highland used to be dealt with by the buffet attendant. A deft application of boiling water got things moving in not much time even if it wasn't the authorised way of doing things! Breakfast in the buffet on the 6am off Queen Street is now a distant memory :(

• Like 1

:locomotive:

The signals need some tweaks too

making them work would be a start. I was talking to someone last year about rebuilding them and making them operational, but thats a while off yet.

Cheers Peter.