RMweb

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Really looking good Peter, the fuel point looks superb nice pic of the large logo 47 too, really good

Thanks Neil,

I made the fuel point a few years ago now, the pumps are from an old Hornby shed and the roof is I think an offcut from a Faller station canopy with some old rail holding it all up. The Large logo 47 is my favourite class 47 at the moment I have another one to do but I am going to have to change the flush headcode box some how.

Cheers Peter.

Unfortunately Peter, I seem to recall that all I had at the time was either an old 110 camera or a 126, it was more about the numbers in those days plus pocket money didn't stretch to buying lots of film and getting it processed! What few photos I did take are probably gathering dust somewhere in my parents loft. Oh to have had a)the foresight to take more photos and b)the technology that we have today!

I have the DSLR, now all I need is the Time Machine :D , failing that I'll just have to enjoy the excellent BR Blue layouts on RMWeb!

Dougie

Hi Dougie,

I had an old 110 myself but upgraded to an SLR later on, Still wish I had taken more pics though. Totally with you on the time machine idea. How good would it be to have a Digital back in 80s.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the info Peter I will be order some of those BRUTES soon.

Good luck, just make sure you follow the instructions, I made the misake of folding a couple up wrong so they are a mirror of what they should be.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Neil,

I made the fuel point a few years ago now, the pumps are from an old Hornby shed and the roof is I think an offcut from a Faller station canopy with some old rail holding it all up. The Large logo 47 is my favourite class 47 at the moment I have another one to do but I am going to have to change the flush headcode box some how.

Cheers Peter.

Or re do 47 as 47522 in green, i had 2 of 47535 and painted 1 green instead of sorting headcode box.

Or re do 47 as 47522 in green, i had 2 of 47535 and painted 1 green instead of sorting headcode box.

Did you post a pic of the loco on the forum somewhere? I am sure I remember seeing it.

I did give it some thought but I really need more Large logo machines. I am thinking of doing a crewe based loco that has flush one end and normal the other, because I will only need to modify one end.

Cheers Peter.

Just been catching up with the layout Peter, all looking superb as always really liking the depot area thou the hole layout is inspiring for me:) more pics please chief.

Thanks

Rich.

Hi Rich,

No worries cheif, any requests. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Guest jim s-w

A while back I improved my BRUTES by adding some papers and on two the curtain bit that goes along the open side, I also painted one red. I am not sure if they were seen on the stations along the North Wales Coast but I am sure there would have been a few at Crewe.

Good stuff Peter

The red ones were owned by royal mail not BR and were ever so slightly different. They had a rectangular panel on the back side which carried a royal mail logo. Brutes also came in White (which has been suggested were used for catering) and the blue ones came in half height and no sides versions too.

You might need a tug too (3 wheel type)

Cheers

Jim

Good stuff Peter

The red ones were owned by royal mail not BR and were ever so slightly different. They had a rectangular panel on the back side which carried a royal mail logo. Brutes also came in White (which has been suggested were used for catering) and the blue ones came in half height and no sides versions too.

You might need a tug too (3 wheel type)

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I think it was your thread where I read that the Royal Mail ones were slightly different, it was a bit late by then as it was already painted. I don't remember seeing white ones either. But then I have a job remembering what I did last weekend.

I do remember the three wheeled tugs and similar four wheeled ones. I liked the one you did but don't remember that type with the roof. If you have any plans to do a three wheeler I would certainly be interested in seeing how it comes out.

Cheers Peter.

Guest jim s-w

Hi Peter

I am not sure new street had them? I am led to believe they couldn't cope with the ramps. I seem to remember Bachmann announcing one at some point.

I am thinking I might add the panel to the red ones after they are painted as the amount of small royal mail logos I am going to need is going to cost a small fortune. Printing them would be a whole lot cheaper.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by jim s-w

Hi Peter

I am not sure new street had them? I am led to believe they couldn't cope with the ramps. I seem to remember Bachmann announcing one at some point.

I am thinking I might add the panel to the red ones after they are painted as the amount of small royal mail logos I am going to need is going to cost a small fortune. Printing them would be a whole lot cheaper.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

I didn't know that Bachmann had plans to do one, but if I find a few decent pics I will give one a go. I will keep an eye on your thread to see how you go with your Royal Mail BRUTES.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well it seems to be taking an age to get this backscene done but it's getting there. The warehouses are finished an I have spliced together an ID backscene to fill the gap between the warehouses. I chose this backscene because it had a factory/warehouse and houses I thought this would give a good transition between the low releif one on the left. I think it has worked out quite well.

I will be making some trees to hide the backscene join and where I have spliced the ID backscene together.

One thing is alot of houses on the North Wales Coast are rendered and are white or grey so I will try and paint a few over the weekend. I had a pratice on an offcut tonight, and I think I can make it work.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-05776900-1336738695_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-96483600-1336738711_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-80775500-1336738730_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-55603000-1336738754_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-75868600-1336738787_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Looks really good Pete. It really settles the layout into being a 3d representation of the railway in a landscape with a horizon with things in the far ground. Your model shots will be so much harder to spot from the real thing!

signalbox

:beee:

Still on the to do list Dave, I am coming over later in the year so might end up buying the kit you metioned all those pages back.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Just thought I'd drop by and catch up on your progress. I like the new yard. Very nice indeed. And the backscene sets it off perfectly and gives it real depth too.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I have been meaning to do the backscenes for ages now, certainly improves things. The yard bit isn't really new just extended a bit so I can fit a bigger loco shed. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.