Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Love the falling down brick wall, very effective.

I was going to mention that, but wasn't sure if it was a wall under construction or falling to bits! A nice touch, whatever.

It's all part of the balance you've struck between functional lines and a bit of "nature fighting back" - the amount of weeds and overgrowth is just right.

A great set of pics in posts 1704 and 1722.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

I was going to mention that, but wasn't sure if it was a wall under construction or falling to bits! A nice touch, whatever.

It's all part of the balance you've struck between functional lines and a bit of "nature fighting back" - the amount of weeds and overgrowth is just right.

A great set of pics in posts 1704 and 1722.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The wall has been taken down. The idea is the overall roof that I haven't built yet was further up the platform but has been demolished. Like the real one at Llandudno.

Cheers Peter.

Realy enjoy looking through your picture scenes!! keep up the good work... :preved:

Thanks class 66, I am pleased you like Llanbourne, still plenty to do, so I will keep posting.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a learning curve with DCC (as with anything new that we try) but I'm sure it is the right move for Peter. It will make releasing trains and locomotives from the platforms much easier and slicker. It will also allow for the loco storage sidings to be 'stacked' more efficiently without regard to isolating section lengths. The Power Cab is pretty intuitive to use too.

Hi Peter

Great Photos for excellent layout mate, stunning stuff, love the Br Blue days... I notice you use a NCE Powercab Controller, how does this compare to the Lenz version or Bachmann Dynamis... how many loco's does it store at any one time, and is it easy to do...? Can you alter all the CV Settings on the DCC Chip...?

Keep up with the great Photo updates, they are great Peter...

Jamie

I like the point rodding....It makes a world of difference. Regarding Llandudno signalbox, I have photos of the interior somewhere taken in 1979......Maybe the tomatoes were at the bottom end. It was cactus or cacti at Abergele and a lay-preachers bike at Llysfaen!

Nice pics, Peter, as always. Glad to see you made the jump to DCC. You won't regret it. Your bank balance might though if you get into sound in a big way!

I'd interested to know what you make of the NCE unit once you've got to know it.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

So far so good with the NCE though it's early days. I will let you know how I go.

I am not planning on going sound with everything, just a couple of each will cost enough. I need to buy some basic decoders too, but I have some money saved for this so I won't be to long before there ae a few locos running again.

Cheers Peter.

About time at least SRman and I have finnaly succeeded in bringing you in! (the water is fine as we said!) Glad to hear it Pete i think you might find operating has changed in the driving value!

Thanks Doug,

Yes you got me in the end, I am looking forwards to operating Llanbourne on DCC it should improve the shunting and general operation once I get used to the cntroller.

Cheers Peter.

Liking the latest pictures Peter though I think you know my thoughts on DCC ;) Horses for courses - it suits some and isn't needed by others.

Hi Rick,

Yes understand where you are coming from, I have been thinking about the DCC thing for a while, I can operate Llanbourne quite well without it but I am limited a bit when it comes to shunting, and isolating locos. A decider for me was trying to run a Bachmann class 37 with a Heljan class 33, both have different speeds so hopefully with DCC I can match the speed plus splitting locos will be easier. Sound and lighs are a bonus but I will turn the sound down and dim the lights as much as I can maybe turn them off for daytime running. Hopefully I have made the right move,only time will tell.

Cheers Peter.

There is a learning curve with DCC (as with anything new that we try) but I'm sure it is the right move for Peter. It will make releasing trains and locomotives from the platforms much easier and slicker. It will also allow for the loco storage sidings to be 'stacked' more efficiently without regard to isolating section lengths. The Power Cab is pretty intuitive to use too.

Hi Jeff,

Once I have a few more locos chipped i will have a running session. I am hoping loco release will be easier, I think it will just be a case of learning how to use the controller.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Great Photos for excellent layout mate, stunning stuff, love the Br Blue days... I notice you use a NCE Powercab Controller, how does this compare to the Lenz version or Bachmann Dynamis... how many loco's does it store at any one time, and is it easy to do...? Can you alter all the CV Settings on the DCC Chip...?

Keep up with the great Photo updates, they are great Peter...

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

I am not the best person to ask re the other controllers as I haven't used them. The NCE does store a lot of Locos (not sure how many) You can alter all the Cvs I just haven't worked that out yet.

Cheers Peter.

I like the point rodding....It makes a world of difference. Regarding Llandudno signalbox, I have photos of the interior somewhere taken in 1979......Maybe the tomatoes were at the bottom end. It was cactus or cacti at Abergele and a lay-preachers bike at Llysfaen!

Thanks Larry,

The point rodding was a real pain to do but worth it. I think Merf said that Llandudno box did have Tomatoes growing inside somewhere.

Just in case you are reading this Beast I still plan to redo the box probably 2013 now. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Lovely pics above, love it :sungum:

Andy

Thanks Andy.

• Like 1