Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

1 hour ago, Canal Digger said:

this 8'x5' shed now available, if you can wrestle it off the vegetation!

Just an opinion, but HH's offer of an OO-scale shed (he denies Z-scale) may be better in all ways (including shipping) than that one.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

This is like being on a rollercoaster.

Somebody posts a picture of their wonderful shed then another person well you get the drift.

It is not doing me any good at all and the so called medical intervention isn't helping either.

If it carries on like this then I might even be forced to lay some track to be housed in the shed - nothing else of course because that would be taking things just a bit to far.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

It seems that SHED AID has stalled. Which is tragic, as no citizen of TNM should be without a shed (it’s in the constitution or summat).

I had a chat with some literary friends who were happy to donate examples of their work to raise money for SHED AID.

So coming to a bookstore near you (and available online) is. A Pome About A Shed and Other Literary Devices (for SHED AID)

Here’s a sample:

The stately sheds of England,   
How beautiful they stand!

Amidst their tall ancestral trees,   
O’er all the pleasant land.

Dogs in shed corners snooze

As men of layouts dream    
And tea (milk, two sugars please) 

is served - a constant stream.

William McGonagal

Those last two lines are very disgusting!

Edited by J. S. Bach
To do a typo correction.
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Canal Digger said:

Shed Aid:

this 8'x5' shed now available, if you can wrestle it off the vegetation!62550211_20230303_1224041.jpg.88d9e019a4756459479cf6a24dc24e67.jpg!

That looks in better condition than my shed.  I think the only thing holding mine together is the ivy that almost surrounds it.  Fear not, I think in the 22 years I've been here (shudder, where did the time go), I've only had the door open twice.

Adrian

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Worrying news reached me today.  Apparently there are some individuals out there who identify as cake.  Are they not aware of the moral danger they are in should certain residents of this parish cross paths with them ?

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 11

4 minutes ago, figworthy said:

Worrying news reached me today.  Apparently there are some individuals out there who identify as cake.  Are they not aware of the moral danger they are in should certain residents of this parish cross paths with them ?

Adrian

One wonders then just what the think of drum roll please cake eaters- cannibals.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Frantic cleaning and tidying by hiding things in cupboards is going on at SM42 Towers, even at this late hour, as visitors are expected tomorrow till Sunday. 

Work is starting on the garden too with foundations for a new wall being dug out and a foundation poured.

All this tidying is all I need after a 12 hour shift, so having done the vacuuming I have declared my tasks complete and am taking beer therapy. 

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

We enjoyed our trip to Cambridge yesterday so Aditi thought we could explore somewhere locally today and walk about a bit. We started with a pub lunch and went for a walk afterwards. We would probably have shocked other posters on this thread as we declined the dessert menu. I wasn’t sure if the pub would still be serving food as we arrived at 2pm but they were. Aditi was hoping to see some interesting bird life as we wandered through the woods afterwards but had to be satisfied with a crow and a robin. 
Tony

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Another snow storm has started.  15 - 20 cm predicted.  We've had both a winter storm warning and a watch .

We saw at least 5 robins today -- first robins of spring. (American robins)

• Like 10
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Jamie points out the legalities of French sheds, most of the sheds in the UK are ilegal because the laws say no construction of  buildings with majority flammable materials  within 2 Metres of a boundary, and almost everyone tucks them into a corner...

Our mobile home isn't a workshop, it's meant to be a mobile home used by visitors. However it is full of weaving equipment being used by SWMBO until the loom shed is completed. A mobile home would make a good workshop / layout room, providing your equipment isn't too heavy. If you can get round the planning rules, and get it into the garden  they are very cheap secondhand.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

How so?
What’s wrong with a constant supply of sweet, milky, tea?

The milky and sweet bit

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

SM 42 in polyester flares, open Hawaiian shirt, chest hair (or wig) and a gold(ish) medallion?
Probably.

Is there a hidden camera at SM42 Towers?

I awake this morning sporting a Boney M injury. 

Bobby Farrell  had a lot more stamina than me and was undoubtedly a lot fitter. 

I bet he didn't wake up with aching calf muscles which in at least one instance may be more than just aftershock due to unexpected high intensity use. 

Andy

• Friendly/supportive 11

22 minutes ago, SM42 said:

The milky and sweet bit

Is there a hidden camera at SM42 Towers?

I awake this morning sporting a Boney M injury. 

Bobby Farrell  had a lot more stamina than me and was undoubtedly a lot fitter. 

I bet he didn't wake up with aching calf muscles which in at least one instance may be more than just aftershock due to unexpected high intensity use. 

Andy

It sounds like some bodies been enjoying themselves a bit to much!

Don't think a camera would be allowed at your establishment the operator would be too traumatized by the clothes and antics.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

Interesting article fron thr Grauniad has popped up on the front page of a popular internet search engine.

The basic outline is that striving for perfection in our hobbies ruins them. 

We should enjoy the process and not be concerned with failure or shortcomings. 

It is supposed to be fun, not work.

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I like to get to a reasonable standard in any hobby pursuit otherwise I just find it overwhelmingly frustrating. 

I can take the initial frustration of trying to get to that reasonable standard but beyond that I am happy to be average. 

I do find being average annoying at times though and yearn occasionally for fluked  perfection. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3