Parcels Office

Guest Moria

Guest Moria

Greetings all.

Love the idea of this forum, so decided to add a couple of pics of a parcels office I scratchbuilt in N gauge using Scalescenes papers. Sorry about the depth of field.. I must work on that.

Hope you like.

gallery_6921_592_10372.jpg

gallery_6921_592_40990.jpg

Regards

Graham

Hi, Graham,

That's a fine bit of 'watch-building'! Too small for my fingers, but I'd love to weather it. I can see a damp green patch on the wall at the end of the down-pipe, grime lines down from the corners of the poster plates, lichen on the roof, etc etc. I'd use dark grey weathering powder made from cheap artists pastels on the roof to cover the white of the slate paper, but that's getting very picky, isn't it?

Have you considered going to an art suppliers and buying a 1/2mm waterproof fine-line fibre tip pen in brown/black?;)

They give a good shadow line underneath window sills, stone courses and a 'gap' line under doors. might be worth a try though that office looks the part without any extra embellishment. :)

[You can see the effect on the Station pictures of mine on John's gallery section]

Best wishes

Doug

I have found that a quick rub over the roof tiles with either a 4B or 6B pencil hides the white paper edges any excess just gives that bit of slate feel, which can then be weathered back.

Archived