The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Reorte said:

Very scrawny but otherwise looking perfectly fine, no sign of injury.

Good news. That does sound like someone came back from holiday or opened their shed door for the first time in three weeks - I expect they got a shock when the cat streaked out!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Good news. That does sound like someone came back from holiday or opened their shed door for the first time in three weeks - I expect they got a shock when the cat streaked out!

Does raise the question of just where she was though! They live in a fairly open area on the edge of a village, there aren't that many houses all that neabry and AFAIK none of those ones had anyone on holiday. Could've been a shed though. After that long I assume she must've had access to water to survive.

Edited by Reorte
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Reorte said:

Heaven knows I needed some good news to cheer me up these days, and I've got it. Phone range this morning, my mum saying she'd come downstairs this morning to find her cat back in her usual place, after getting close to three weeks away. Very scrawny but otherwise looking perfectly fine, no sign of injury. I think we'd all pretty much given up hope even though we were all telling ourselves "they do sometimes turn up after this long."

What a relief!

Great to have some good news!

Maybe she is a time traveling Schrodinger's cat (see Terry Pratchet and the Unadulterated cat) and nipped forwards 3 weeks to get the massive welcome home dinner?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

The longest ours has been AWOL is over a weekend. Our neighbour opened his garage door on a Monday morning to get his car out to drive to work and our cat shot out and legged it straight to our front door. She hasn’t been seen near his garage since…

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I've found out what happened - turned out there was someone away, a very large house nearby that's someone's second home that they're hardly ever in (what a waste). She was found when a workman had gone in to do something to the kitchen; might've been the last time he was there that she got in.

The first time mine went missing, only for one night, she'd got in to a neighbour's house. She got found when my neighbour had gone to bed and she jumped on the bed, nearly scaring the life out of him. Good job he likes cats!

Edited by Reorte
  • Like 5
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, 47137 said:

P1040084a.JPG.8fe65d85305156d618841ad79b6763d1.JPG

Harry is not allowed in the hobby room and he knows this. But I took a long soak in the tub and left the door wide open and temptation was too great. This window sill has both sunlight and a heating radiator. I had to clear off most of the bench to get him out.

- Richard.

Been there, got the T-shirt...

20200624_201602.jpg.ce2c66b2e6f692ea053c1da739fa810e.jpg20200624_201535.jpg.2fb69c6deeb3308910e395d892bbd309.jpg

• Like 15
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 13/03/2022 at 10:38, Compound2632 said:

It's just the standard "taking a photo of me asleep in an amusing location is an intrusion of my privacy" cat look.

Just about all of my photos of Harry are of him asleep. This is because, apart from eating, sleeping is pretty much all he does here. He doesn't really know how to play, which is a great pity. I have just about trained him to merely nip me and not bite me, but in truth sleeping is his main activity. His own household brought a new baby home a week ago and I think my house is a bit of a sanctuary.

He is getting a window sill habit. I think this started because he can watch his own household and soak up the sun. The one in the kitchen is a new place for him, I think he is exhausted by the new arrival.

- Richard.

1505617773_2022-03-1211_09_17.jpg.9603eb3b9026ba098918239845cdbe11.jpg

Edited by 47137
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 5