RMweb

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium

@4630although we have at present more than 20cats, there is not one that does not add to our lives.   Your pain is well understood.  Be strong and look forward to the next life that you can enrich and that in turn will enrich yours.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

@4630although we have at present more than 20cats, there is not one that does not add to our lives.   Your pain is well understood.  Be strong and look forward to the next life that you can enrich and that in turn will enrich yours.

I concur. I've mourned the loss of each of the feline friends I've had the pleasure of knowing (and remember them fondly) but am still enthusiastic about giving a good home and forming quality relationships with more moggies.

C6T.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

At least he's drinking from a mug.  Ours will drink from watering cans, puddles - in fact from almost anywhere other than their drinking bowls.

Mia is the same. I think I posted a number of pages ago, the cat senses outdoor water sources as having beneficial mineral content. Cats be cats!

C6T.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Mia is the same. I think I posted a number of pages ago, the cat senses outdoor water sources as having beneficial mineral content. Cats be cats!

C6T.

Harry has just sensed my finger to be a source of nutritional content. I told him this was naughty and he shrunk his head down between his shoulders and shuffled around to face into the corner.

He just cannot find the border between play nips and full-on bites, and I just cannot learn.

- Richard.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 47137 said:

Harry has just sensed my finger to be a source of nutritional content. I told him this was naughty and he shrunk his head down between his shoulders and shuffled around to face into the corner.

He just cannot find the border between play nips and full-on bites, and I just cannot learn.

If you want weird behaviour if I haven't shut the bedroom door properly and my cat gets in she has a disturbing habit of waking me up by shoving her nose in to my armpits. Note that that's before I'm up - before I've had a shower. Keep trying to tell her that's just wrong!

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, Classsix T said:

C6T.

Perhaps they know something about water treatment that is best avoided. Or maybe it is that fashionable taste of algae!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 47137 said:

In the early sunshine earlier this week.

- Richard.

Wingnut is doing that right now in the entranceway. An earlier photo of her lying in just enough sunlight warmth there:

Wingnut-0137.JPG.0f98767a9579bb1151eeec6197352dc2.JPG

Edited by J. S. Bach
To do a minor edit.
  • Like 19

6 hours ago, Reorte said:

she has a disturbing habit of waking me up by shoving her nose in to my armpits.

Ours does that as well, I believe it's something to do with our scent glands, one of the strongest places is under our arms, remember cats (and dogs) rely much more heavily on smell and less on sight than we humans do.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Meet Paws.  A well-travelled puss who we first met as an 18-month old at an RSPCA shelter in Australia. 

At the time there was no inkling that we would be heading back to the UK within the year. 

It is easy to bring a cat from Australia to the UK though not the other way round. No quarantine is required because there is no rabies in Australia.  So he came with me and has since lived with us SW of London. 

Despite being almost 8 now we still tell people he miaows with an Aussie twang; one or two might have believed us!  

F1FA62D7-59B5-4722-8054-71BE5D7E084B.jpeg.8c36db8b561a702006e30e687be09122.jpeg

When he is doing his kangaroo impression by standing on his hind legs does he jump too ?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

When he is doing his kangaroo impression by standing on his hind legs does he jump too ?

He's no mere cat - he's a meer-cat 🤣

He can jump quite well but not in the same way as a kanga.  

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

42 minutes ago, doilum said:

Little brother took two UK rescue cats to Oz. 25 years later he returned with two Australian rescue cats.....

Fair exchange is no robbery!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Lola has been a right royal pain rhe bum the last few days, Watch these 3 videos, she’s sat happily watching me doing some bike maintenance but then spots Faye on the roof of the bungalow next door, now lola is old and heavy but she purposely climbs the fence and hets on the roof purely to push Faye off it!

john then went up to see what was happening and lola sneaks up on him and pushes him off the roof too, he clings onto the guttering before falling off into the path below, thankfully no injuries 

https://ring.com/share/1b5185dd-4e64-4318-b639-240bad2beef3

https://ring.com/share/804ab73c-7583-4e4e-b4b9-68d8ac4bd308

https://ring.com/share/4941c991-1486-435b-bae1-f7555a80122c

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5