RMweb

On Cats

didcot

4 hours ago, didcot said:

20230328_172902.jpg.2399f91fe53f07b5939ef468e916610a.jpg

Marble a bit sheepish after being to the vets. He has been limping for for a day or so. That will stop him jumping off our bungalow onto the fence. The bill is coming out of his pocket money!

As an aside, if your mog does frequently jump down from a high perch, worth checking for injury on their chin and upper canines. Rox lost the tip of one of her uppers.

Our feline friends seem to prefer to launch themselves from height - head and front murder mittens first - which can be iffy if the rear paws aren't cushioning some of the landing.

C6T.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have discovered a problem concerning my two not-my-cats [family has decided they're 'my' cats now!!]...when calling the B&W [Felix] of a morning, for his brekkie...[a couple of name-calls, and the word 'brekkie'] about 15 minutes later he rocks up, all cheerful-loike.....along with two or three of next-door's cats as well!

This is expensively, beyond a joke!

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 7

On 28/03/2023 at 18:28, didcot said:

20230328_172902.jpg.2399f91fe53f07b5939ef468e916610a.jpg

Marble a bit sheepish after being to the vets. He has been limping for for a day or so. That will stop him jumping off our bungalow onto the fence. The bill is coming out of his pocket money!

Glad he didn't do any more damage to himself.  Tilly broke a tarsal bone in her back leg doing that.  Cost Petplan £4,000 to put it right.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Markwj said:

10B07FF5-138E-46F2-B5CE-A049BE893EA1.jpeg

That brings an entirely new meaning to the term "cat shot".*

*In the USN (well, at least when I was on the USS Kitty Hawk CVA-63's 70-71 WestPac cruise), that is the term that was used when a plane was launched; a trap when it landed. An equal number of cats and traps always looked good in the pilot's logbook!

• Like 3

After ten months of quiet since Oliver died I have been woken at 3 am by the sound of a stand off in the kitchen. Got up to find all cat bowls polished clean. Guess we have a new tom on the block.

• Friendly/supportive 13

1 hour ago, doilum said:

After ten months of quiet since Oliver died I have been woken at 3 am by the sound of a stand off in the kitchen. Got up to find all cat bowls polished clean. Guess we have a new tom on the block.

When the bowl is polished clean I know the dog has beaten the cats to their food.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Sassy certainly is a big cat.

You need to find a box that's (definitely) too small for her so that we can all have a laugh at her attempts to get in!

Kev.

• Like 1