Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Scalescenes wishlist

Trevor, given that you could scan, copy and resize/paste elements like the windows and the doors, or use some from texture sites it shouldn't be too difficult to do a very low relief model using John's dressed stone, for the colour you could alter the hue on your printer, too.

The office block below is just 1/8" thick, window photographs pasted onto cream brick paper and a stretched roof line photograph.

post-106-032310300 1292182641_thumb.jpg

Hope it gives you an idea,

Doug

That's what I'm presently planning to do for this, and several other buildings, but the 'Station Hotel' is such an archetypal building that I feel a lot of modellers could find a use for it and that maybe John would give it some consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

On my wish list, which I think that could be easily done. you have 3 kits available T023, T021 and T005 all of which have shop interiors, Would it be possible to put these on a seperate download for us scratch builders?:D

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

On my wish list, which I think that could be easily done. you have 3 kits available T023, T021 and T005 all of which have shop interiors, Would it be possible to put these on a seperate download for us scratch builders?:D

Many Thanks

I would like to second this wish. It would save on ink and paper; and would avoid printing out any unnecessary bits.

• Like 1

It may have been noticed, by my posts elsewhere, that I've been working on printing onto A4 sticky labels, then placing these onto plastikard. As different parts of the kit are designed for thinner or thicker card, would it be possible in future designs to keep all thicknesses on the same pages? Just a thought.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a Station Hotel.

I would also really appreciate some kind of modern or 1970s office block. Maybe modular to add on floors to the desired height and with options for window designs and choice of concrete or brick.

The green A roads directions signs in editable form idea would be fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Came to mind there earlier this evening while I was wondering what my next purchase should be; that a separate Scratchbuilders Yard version of the Stained Glass from the T014 Church would be great to see. Like me I'm sure there are others out there who may already have a Church for their Layout that does not have Stained Glass windows in it (one particular Church springs to mind); and a sheet with a selection of windows would be great to see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like 'modern structures' are in demand, I have an office block, multi-storey car park, modern low relief warehouse and NSE signage all in my schedule for the next few months with a CLASP station structure to follow. Really like the stadium and workers club ideas. Many thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming...

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Looks like 'modern structures' are in demand, I have an office block, multi-storey car park, modern low relief warehouse and NSE signage all in my schedule for the next few months with a CLASP station structure to follow. Really like the stadium and workers club ideas. Many thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming...

Cheers

John

Looks like I'd better get stocked up with card with all this modern stuff coming through John! :D

Glad the topic is proving useful to you too!

Dave

• Like 1

The sorts of stuff that is outside of stations. E.g. bus shelters (modern), phone box, big litter bins, traffic islands, fluorescent yellow bollards, the free standing tourist information boards/maps etc. Maybe they are on other kits but it would be useful to have them all together if possible.

• Like 1

Cheers

John

Why don't you move into the USA market? It's huge. I could use some South Western adobe structures, alternatively North Eastern urban.............

Best, Pete.

One thing that I would have found useful is to give an indication on how long the model takes to complete/degree of difficulty on the web-site. For example, graded from one star (e.g. tunnel, can be completed quite quickly) to three stars (factory warehouse, lots of cutting of windows etc). Also what additional materials are required - e.g. clear plastic. As a newbie this could help us choose the right kit to start.

• Like 1

Excellent, Looking forward to the NSE signage particularly!

Thank you John ^_^

Cheers

John