Scalescenes wishlist

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see some supplements to existing kits:

- outside toilets

- factory walls and gates

- shop interiors in different periods

- shop fronts and interiors for: a baker, gerneral store, a ladies and gents hairdresser, newsagents shop.

- back to back side walls to create back to back houses with the fronts of the small cottage kit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I don't know if it's a reasonable request, but I'd like to be able to buy editable downloads, of brickwork etc, for scratch building. Something which would allow me to get proper bonds around windows, corners etc in a graphics package before printing out. I find the textures very convincing, but would like to be able to do a little bit more with them.

Thanks

Dave

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a gas holder / gas tower or whatever you want to call them, very prominent on the skyline, I even remember them growing up in the late 80's early 90's.

would be absolutely brilliant to be able to build a half / quarter relief, quarter for in a backscene corner or even a full one!

Following on from the superb ship, a quote from The Cuckoo Valley Railway - Sir Arthur Quliier-Couch

"This century was still young and ardent when ruin fell upon Cuckoo Valley. Its head rested on the slope of a high and sombre moorland, scattered with granite and china-clay; and by the small town of Ponteglos, where it widened out into arable and grey pasture-land, the Cuckoo river grew deep enough to float up vessels of small tonnage from the coast at the spring tides. I have seen there the boom of a trading schooner brush the grasses on the river-bank as she came before a southerly wind, and the haymakers stop and almost crick their necks staring up at her top-sails."

Continues at http://www.classicreader.com/book/2443/6/

Now I have in mind that the hull would be of card with the masts and rigging of some other material. Such a model would normally be moored - I'm inspired by Dave and Shirley Rowe's Exebridge (MRJ 14 and others)

So - generic wooden hull? Generic wooden hull components? Planking, carvel or clinker? So I may not be talking about a model per se, maybe some scratchbuilding sheets.

• 3 weeks later...

With reference to additional "stone" textures I would prefer a selection of more regular "dressed" stone textures with smaller sized individual stones, as the existing stone textures tend to be on the "chunky" side in many cases and are not always suitable for structures requiring more refined (smaller?) stonework.

• Like 1

With reference to additional "stone" textures I would prefer a selection of more regular "dressed" stone textures with smaller sized individual stones, as the existing stone textures tend to be on the "chunky" side in many cases and are not always suitable for structures requiring more refined (smaller?) stonework.

does scaling the stone down slightly not achieve a similar result?

most printers have a scaling option in their settings.

NER coal drop and/or other coaling facilities.

Various port/dock buildings from turn of century.

Mill style 'factory' building (basically a new factory/mill building to add variety to industrial scenes).

Water powered mill?

does scaling the stone down slightly not achieve a similar result?

most printers have a scaling option in their settings.

I know you can scale the print size :D , but that wasn't what I was really getting at.

It was more a request for stone textures not containing the larger squarish stone elements - the existing Scalescenes Ashlar and Rubble textures all seem to do.

I am looking for a stone texture for a station building project and the photographic evidence of it that I have indicates that, although it is stone built, the stone used is nowhere near as "random" in size as the currently available texture sheets portray. The individual stones used are much more "brick-like" in regularity but obviously larger than bricks.

I'm just being selfish really, as I may have to arrange a bank loan and use the Wills dressed stone alternative which I'd rather not do as the relief on these appears overscale to me.

I know you can scale the print size :D , but that wasn't what I was really getting at.

It was more a request for stone textures not containing the larger squarish stone elements - the existing Scalescenes Ashlar and Rubble textures all seem to do.

I am looking for a stone texture for a station building project and the photographic evidence of it that I have indicates that, although it is stone built, the stone used is nowhere near as "random" in size as the currently available texture sheets portray. The individual stones used are much more "brick-like" in regularity but obviously larger than bricks.

I'm just being selfish really, as I may have to arrange a bank loan and use the Wills dressed stone alternative which I'd rather not do as the relief on these appears overscale to me.

Slaters plasticard or build a building and put a thin layer of DAS clay on the structure and imprint the surface with the texture desired

just hoping to help :)

Slaters plasticard or build a building and put a thin layer of DAS clay on the structure and imprint the surface with the texture desired

just hoping to help :)

Thanks for those suggestions - I should have some (plenty of ?) time to experiment with different construction techniques as I haven't even drawn up the plans yet!:D

You can always make your own given plenty of photos of a real suitable wall. I'm having to do that with Wadebridge as the stone work there isn't particularly regular but is in a definite layered form with two heights of stone. My wife thought I was even dafter than usual when I found such a wall in Swansea and started taking lots of pictures of it.

• RMweb Premium

Not specific, but possibly a series of buildings that woulld fit over Peco or Hornby point motors that are surface mounted? It looks very suspicious to have the same platelayers hut beside each point.

Possibly a larger structure to go over the pair of motors for the 3-way points.

Do I need to find a supplier of An sized paper to print your kits? I don't think even the British Connection stock it.

How about some Portakabins? To my mind Scalescenes are at their most economical when the model's something you can use a lot of, like the terraced houses and the containers, rather than the more one-off type of buildings.

How about some Portakabins? To my mind Scalescenes are at their most economical when the model's something you can use a lot of, like the terraced houses and the containers, rather than the more one-off type of buildings.

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Not sure if this has already been suggested, but some 1960's style BR station buildings would be very useful (along with appropriate signage). The buildings I am thinking of are those on the LMR which were rebuilt as part of the electrification scheme.

Thanks!