Scalescenes wishlist

Any chance of making a set of full depth shops from the Low relief fronts and backs? I've got a very large town area that needs plenty of buildings!! :D

It does say that they can be used with the low relief fronts on the site?

I'm still holding out for a gasometer.

• Like 1

Yes i saw that Black, but i think that the buildings would be far to thin and would appear to have chimneys front and back. Granted they should be simple enough to bash about, but an off the shelf version would be handy.

A good gasometer would be a great space filler too! :yes:

Edited by deltic21

• 2 weeks later...

How about something along the lines of a multipurpose yard, such as a coal yard, or dairy

Or even a rag and bone merchants ala Steptoe and Sons. This would have a main building with a shop front, a stable, and cart store, other assorted buildings and lean to's all in a high walled yard with a gate onto the highway.

It could even double up as a funeral directors.

Edited by GreenBoy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking at previous suggestions. I like these ones, especially the large department stores or a large railway hotel.

Hi, I'd like to see:

1) Back to back terrace housing

2) A station booking office for use on an overbridge, perhaps with integrated steps down to the platforms. Although I'm sure this could be fairly easily created from one of the existing station kits and the steps.

3) Anymore older warehouse/factory type-structures would be welcome - maybe some of the smaller types you get hidden away in back streets.

4) Big pre-War high street department stores - the ones that most towns used to have with an ornate facade and basic brickwork to the building behind. You could also have a modern image version where the ground floor has become a budget DIY shop (or similar) and the upper floors are flats.

5) A station hotel.

AJ

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My plea is for John to produce a version of the TX37 cream clapboard in Southern Railways / Southern Region yellow.

Most most Southern stations there were wooden building made from this so it would be very much appreciated by all us Southern modellers.

• Like 1

I wish I wish.....................

Cement works

Small workshops/factories mid 60's era.

I model in 0 gauge and many of your kits are not pre-set scaled for this because they wont page match on A4 paper.

You do make some pre-set for 0 gauge but would it not be possible to make all your kits available in 0 gauge on the understanding that they need to be A3 printed of as I do now select an area and enlarge to suit. This would remove some of the fiddling I have to do for scaling and just leave me to select the page area on A4 or A3 as it suits me. It may mean I have a join where I don't want one but I'm sure I can over come that by various repositioning of down-spouts,creeping ivy etc.

What do you think John?

Best regards

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I wish.....................Cement worksSmall workshops/factories mid 60's era.I model in 0 gauge and many of your kits are not pre-set scaled for this because they wont page match on A4 paper.You do make some pre-set for 0 gauge but would it not be possible to make all your kits available in 0 gauge on the understanding that they need to be A3 printed of as I do now select an area and enlarge to suit. This would remove some of the fiddling I have to do for scaling and just leave me to select the page area on A4 or A3 as it suits me. It may mean I have a join where I don't want one but I'm sure I can over come that by various repositioning of down-spouts,creeping ivy etc.What do you think John?Best regards

Seconded, I'm sure that you used to do just as Barnaby has suggested? Why the change of heart?

• 1 month later...

A station building suitable for an overbridge location - usually they don't have the waiting rooms and stationmaster's accomodation, and have a footbridge attached to the back... I'm dreading trying to kitbash a platform-based building to suit the station I want on my 'N' scale layout.

On a similar note, anyone know the minimum height that the bridge girders would be for such a location please?

Edited by talisman56

Hi Talisman

You mean something like this?

post-5673-0-72175800-1362391236.jpg

The building is based on the last remaining part of the old Hamilton Central Caledonian Railway station. Stairway is from Skytrex. Scale is 7mm.

The minimum clearance above rail top is 15 feet - but if you are doing a stairway on to a platform you will need to take the height of the platform into account. The maximum platform height above rail top is 3 feet - dimensions from Gauge O Guild manual.

Regards.

• Like 1