Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

29 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Looking superb @MrWolf

Which crossing gates are they ? I'm sure you've mentioned before, but probably many pages ago now. . . 

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/buildings/lc4_1/

It's an MSE / Wizard models LC4/1 GWR two gate single track level crossing kit, built straight out of the box except that I used my own 0.3mm wire because I didn't need to straighten it. That came from Albion Alloys Precision Metals via eBay, code BW03, in a pack of ten 12 inch lengths.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your compliments, kind and encouraging comments, it really does help when you're tied up with other things and lose your momentum a bit...

Argh! I promised I wouldn't gush, I'll end up going all Gwyneth Paltrow.....

Dammit...

Just about held it together, don't think anyone has noticed....

I just feel silly now. 

1_25th-Annual-Critics-Choice-Awards-Show.jpg.8283caaf4e4d244cc0a69c538dcfba87.jpg

PS, I do actually mean that first paragraph!.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 20/09/2022 at 00:42, longchap said:

That explains it then Kevin and well done from one retired surveyor to another. When we first saw this rambling collection of very old mainly derilict buildings, I could see very clearly how everything was going to look with a few years of restoration work, which finally and fortunately found the bride in total agreement.

Whilst visualising full sized conversion and fitting-out projects second nature, for some reason, I find the 1:76th world needs a little more maturation time before I get truly stuck into construction, which I put down to the learning curve with prototype GWR construction and working practice.

What great fun!

Yes, that does explain it.

KNP knows what he's doing, and the rest of us ...

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Just about held it together, don't think anyone has noticed....

1_25th-Annual-Critics-Choice-Awards-Show.jpg.8283caaf4e4d244cc0a69c538dcfba87.jpg

Which,......ahem, cough......to her credit, is more than can be said for Madam's splendid frock. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, teaky said:

Not the British chaps then?

image.png.62ea8c579a41ac99692083ccdfc5c461.png

Afraid not Teakers old stick.

Even the memsahib is less Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew and more Brolin, Pitt and Ryan Reynolds. 

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

It's about the feeling that many of us have experienced that there must be something good happening somewhere and we are missing out.

IMG_20220926_224533.jpg.044713685d27ad8cc299fb80b8a3095e.jpg

Who feels they’re missing out? Is it the guy outside or the girl in the blue dress inside?

I like it. Although as is typical of me and art, I totally misinterpreted what (you) the artist was trying to say!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Who feels they’re missing out? Is it the guy outside or the girl in the blue dress inside?

I like it. Although as is typical of me and art, I totally misinterpreted what (you) the artist was trying to say!

Maybe not. The name of the bar is a bit of a clue. Do you feel like you're always on the outside looking in, or on the inside looking out?

Besides, everyone sees things differently. It might say something entirely different to someone else.

• Like 10