Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

eBay voucher NECTAR20

mezzoman253

• RMweb Premium

Hi, Not specifically railway related, I was purchasing an item on eBay and when I got to checkout there was a section with a tick box to add this voucher "NECTAR20". I ticked the box and 20% came off the purchase price, going from £199.00 to £159.20.

Now what I'm asking is, is this a promotion or is this coming off my Nectar card? I can't seem to find anything on eBay about this voucher code and haven't had a mail from them about it.

Anyone enlighten me please.

MTIA, Rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would imagine they make these promotions in partnership with the retailers who sign up, otherwise it is Nectar giving you 20% off your purchase and forcing them to make up what the retailer has lost through the forced reduction in their price.

Little Jimmy in his bedroom selling stuff on Ebay is not going to want 20% less for his small items he is selling unless he knows he is going to sell enough extra to more than make up the normal revenue lost.

However, I should commend them.

Had a message just before Christmas with a code, which as I was browsing was actually available on nearly everything I looked at.  Meant I spent £20 on something that's easily worth about £40 (seller was underselling it at £30 anyway!).