The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Dear God, what is this earworm???

Jim Martin

I have somehow got a tune from years ago lodged in my head and I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called or who it was by. I know that I'm pretty much in the heart of the RMWeb demographic (mid 50s) and there are plenty of people here with a fondness for the music of the late 70s and early 80s so, in the full knowledge that some other poor sods are going to have this inserted into their heads as well (sorry), I'm hoping that this rings a bell with someone. Over the last couple of days I've managed to recall some of the lyrics, but not necessarily in the right order or consecutive bits. What I've got is:

"I do the Secret Service thing, swallow the piece of paper / but now I'm choking on the words, forgot the information"

"It's only then you tell me that I'll self destruct in seconds"

"It's only then you tell me that we're worlds apart (each minute?)"

"I should have stayed awake last night, remembered who I was last night"

Anyone? Please?

Jim

THANK YOU!

That's been bugging me for days. "Worlds Apart" was one of the titles I'd tried searching for, but there are quite a few songs of the same name, and that one didn't come up. Also, it looks like the snippets of lyrics that I had were just wrong enough not to come up in searches.

Jim

17 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

As a matter of interest, did you know it from my description, or are your searching skills just better than mine?

Jim

I’ve never heard of the song before. (I’m somewhat older than the demographic you described in your original post !) I picked a few words together from what you’d remembered which I thought would not be a common combination and did a Google search using them with the added word ‘lyrics’. So I searched for “Secret Service thing, swallow lyrics”. First three hits were videos, none of them of that song. The fourth hit was the lyrics of the song (the link I included in my post). Then searched on YouTube for the video.

• Like 1