Hornby article in an unusual place

steve1

20 hours ago, steve1 said:

Gift's????  Perhaps if she improved her knowledge of the English language and that the plural of gift (like all plurals) does not have an apostrophe, Hornby's sales might be even better...

steve

And why do you assume that she wrote the text on screen? It's more likely to have been the video team making the mistake. I doubt she saw it again after recording. Those words are added in post production, they don't magically float in mid air in real life. 

48 minutes ago, steve1 said:

I do not expect professional communicators to make basic errors in their use of English. I would have been in trouble in my last job, as a writer of reviews for a media organisation, for such a gaffe. 

And I'm sure you enjoyed the time to polish your words, possibly the services of a sub-editor, as well as total control over them from creation to the point they landed on someone's desk.

Social media posts don't benefit from that luxury. And, to be blunt, sometimes s**t happens. Anyone who produces any sort of media and claims everything they have produced is perfect, is lying. 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

And talking of unusual places for Hornby to turn up: I was innocently watching the Hochanda craft channel, which you might argue is aimed at the girls (though some very excellent blokes turn up, too) and who should appear but one very enthusiatic Simon Kohler, complete with layout (working) and some Christmas goodies. Surprise, Surprise, as has been uttered in the entertainment world.

Edited by Francis deWeck
dyslexic kbd

8 hours ago, Francis deWeck said:

And talking of unusual places for Hornby to turn up: I was innocently watching the Hochanda craft channel, which you might argue is aimed at the girls (though some very excellent blokes turn up, too) and who should appear but one very enthusiatic Simon Kohler, complete with layout (working) and some Christmas goodies. Surprise, Surprise, as has been uttered in the entertainment world.

I think I would have preferered Montana the marketer....

• RMweb Gold
On 19/12/2020 at 16:46, Phil Parker said:

And I'm sure you enjoyed the time to polish your words, possibly the services of a sub-editor, as well as total control over them from creation to the point they landed on someone's desk.

In my little world that's called caring about your job, a commodity sadly lacking in many facets of the modern world.

Mike.

• Like 3