Hornby Class 153 repair and repaint

Evening everyone, 

I have a Hornby 153 I bought a while back but needs some repairs and then a repaint heres whats up,

Someone has cut the wires for the lights and removed the pcb board for some reason so needs sorting but is something I'm not confident enough to do myself. 

I want to see whether a smaller pcb board could be installed and to add a warm white lighting kit for the interior.

I'd really like to have this repainted into ONE anglia as 153314 to go with my other One Anglia models.

I'm not sure how much this is going to cost but if anyone could help me with my queries I'd be most grateful. 

I have attached a few photos of the model.

Many Regards, Harry 

20210130_181821.jpg

20210130_181814.jpg

20210130_181806.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Are you planning on DC or DCC operation? The reason I ask is that the LEDs on some 153s are wired common -ve which is not the natural order for DCC. If you want DCC and it is common -ve then the circuit board is more important, if not then it could all be hard wired fairly easily.

I have just DCCed my common-ve 153 with saloon lights and independent lights etc. and it was not hard, just more time consuming and fiddly.

Note: videos seem to suggest modem 153s have a bright white interior, not warm white. I found bright white LEDs, not too bright, recreated what was seen in the videos. Warm white was just to yellow.

Roy