Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Arley Station - Severn Valley Railway

Just now, Blandford1969 said:

Ah Inspector Evans on duty. Glad to hear you are on the mend. 

Thank you,,,,,yes I am getting there indeed, it is nice to see Arley yard actively used at times.

Regards

Bob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Had my firebox repairs 11 years ago Bob and all is good. Hope you can have the same quality of life.

Arley good Medicine to help with that for sure….

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, BobM said:

Thank you,,,,,yes I am getting there indeed, it is nice to see Arley yard actively used at times.

Regards

Bob

The oddest sight on Friday there of the ones I saw were two men in 3 piece suits and bowler hats on our second run to Highley. You missed the Land Rover blocking Northwood and the mooner (glad we were sitting at Highley by then!.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Evening  All,

Whilst we were in the throws of erecting 'Christmas' at Arley, there was the comforting distraction of Mayflower, who is a guest with us  on 'The Valley' until mid-week, out on steam test....

1432344571_IMG_0933(3).JPG.2f46f1123d0dd6db824a55228b2769a0.JPG

..and equally pleasant after the rain, there was a cheerful sight over the village....

IMG_0938.JPG.564055d6993a7afce92db80f7cb575c7.JPG

Keep safe guys

Regards

Bob

• Like 15

11 hours ago, rogerzilla said:

Newport (not too far from the SVR) is the coldest place in England.  -26.1°C in 1982.

I recall that winter too...I kept weather records for nearly 25 years, including that night, here at home i recorded -18.5C

Observed 'diamond dust' over my Koi pond...

Bob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, neal said:

That’s the one….

F081AEB7-84FA-4D46-BDB5-3B455C59F5B4.jpeg.e968442b5ebda246dd6326b0461e245b.jpeg

That was a good run. Sunday morning broke and the valley had gone from a spring day to totally white. When we set off light engine from Bridgnorth all was quiet. Being the first out the rails were covered in snow, pretty if to look at but leaving that need of additional caution with braking. 

As I remember with frozen points we were considerably delayed leaving Kidder the first time. The coal was hard and smokey and the smoke coming through Eardington despite the fire being hot and clean made for good photos for the photographers. The second trip after we had handed over to the afternoon crew, but rode back with them, a very sociable day. 

Thanks for bringing the memories back

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1261489923_1032589-red-poppy-wallpaper-1920x1280-for-windows-7(2).jpg.a87fffeb1ad013726cf9f441d3674f80.jpg

Although we as a railway will not be operating service trains tomorrow, SVR volunteers will be observing the Remembrance Day national silence at 11am

Regards always

Bob

• Like 11

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 05/03/2023 at 19:15, BobM said:

Evening....

Restarted services yesterday, but good to see steam today too,

IMG_0972.JPG.f7a2ae2b0be5200afc0ec93342a98cbd.JPG

Regards

Bob

Can't wait to take the matchbox out for a spin on Saturday. Lets hope the good numbers we had over the weekend continue

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Can't wait to take the matchbox out for a spin on Saturday. Lets hope the good numbers we had over the weekend continue

Hope so too…. Will try and visit often this year

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 5 weeks later...

Taw Valley was out on a charter today, despite its inauthentic colour scheme, it looks impressive in black.

B2F397EB-4015-4151-AF30-A47F882D7EE7.jpeg.c7576aaffa6d50876e7d993cd70bd24a.jpeg

Regards all,

Bob

• Like 10