Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Aldi/Ferrex cordless minidrill collets

• RMweb Premium

I’ve one of these cordless minidrills which I find very useful.  Today one of the five collets went pinging off and vanished somewhere in my railway room.  I’ve had a good search and cannot find it.  Neither can I find replacements on the internet.

So can anyone advise where I can get a replacement collet - the size of the shaft is 4.2mm.

• RMweb Gold

Is your shank exactly 4.2 mm? There seem to be a number of collet sets for 4.3mm shanks and yet more for 4.7/4.8mm, on line from UK suppliers. Lidl's Parkside multitool is a fraction under 4.3mm, but there is a little tolerance in the seating and as soon as it is tightened in place it all centres accurately.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Try having a look at the Proxxon type. Most collets  can & will close down on a drill shank. Subject, of course, that the collet being within the collets capacity to accept the drill size. 

Are either Aldi or Lidl  selling the Dremel-type mini drill & fittings?  

Cheers,

Ian.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I did investigate getting a replacement collet from Ferrex, but that drew a blank.

I ordered a Dremel 4486 chuck from Cromwell.co.uk which arrived the next day.  The Dremel chuck fits perfectly onto the Aldi/Ferrex cordless mini drill. Success and a better solution than the original collets.

Thanks everyone for you help.

• Like 1