Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DBS Management train visits the SW

Hello there - thought modern image guys may like to see the formation of the DBS Management train that visited Cornwall today 4th June 2010. The DVT is 82146, followed by 11039, 10211, 10546 and 67029 provided the motive power. It would make a great train for a layout.

The DBS Management train visited Fowey & Parkandillack on Fri 4th June 2010 with repesentatives from freight commerce to encourage moving traffic by rail. Here the train enters Par running ECS back to St Blazey with 82146 leading and 67029 providing the power at the rear.

post-2613-127566530268_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127566528478_thumb.jpg

Hi Craig,

Nice shots there, and good news to here it was down in connection with potential increases in freight, not the decline, as we more usually hear sadly.

Hope you don't mind me sticking this one in of the set on the way down on Thursday passing Ram Hill as 5Z05 Toton to Exeter Riverside

12tlt9.jpg

cheers

jo

Guest Moria

ineresting as I have just finished doing the coaches for this in N gauge.

Is there any significance in the fact the bogie springs on the sleeper are painted green but on the other two coaches they are yellow?

Just spotted that and glad I did before finishing mine off rolleyes.gif

regards

Graham

That reminds me Graham, I'd better get around to finishing mine! Only needs another day or two and they'll be done

I'm pretty sure I've read that the different coloured springs are for different loads - ie they are sprung differently to accomodate for the different weight of various coach types. The Royal train features similar varied coulouring of the bogie springs

HTH

cheers

jo

Archived