HELP. Can't change "Domestic" postage to "Ireland" Account stuck on UK.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone.

I lived in the UK when I first opened my E Bay account years ago so "domestic" post defaults to UK when I am listing on E Bay.

When I moved to the South of Ireland, I left things as they were as most of my second hand model railway potential customers were in UK.

However with rules changing post Brexit and new VAT rules, I want my "domestic" post to be Ireland with UK being an option (at higher postage cost)

I can't work out how to change this. I've tried everything on the so called Help pages.

It makes no difference whether I go to ebay.co.uk or ebay.ie

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Many thanks

Colin

• RMweb Gold

Thanks John. All my addresses, including my registration address (?primary) are all my home here in Ireland.

I can log on to ebay.ie and when I look at items for sale everything is in Euro, but as soon as I try to list something they system takes me to ebay.co.uk, everything changes to Sterling, UK is considered "domestic" and Ireland "International"  All postal options are Royal Mail centred and priced with no ability to mention An Post (Irish equivalent of Royal Mail).

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Sounds like you need to open a new account on ebay.ie?

Michael that may be my only option but I am reluctant to do that without first exploring other options as my feedback would go back to zero.