Cheap any easy adjustable legs

• RMweb Gold

I have been meaning to post this for a while.

when I was looking for a way to level my baseboards, I found that to buy 18 ready made adjusters for the legs was going to cost me a small fortune. So I started to look for a cheaper alternative.

This is what I came up with:

DSCF0391.jpg

DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

By buying a few packs of door stoppers, M6 nuts and bolts and M6 pronged tee nuts, I was able to make my own at a fraction of the cost of ready made units.

All can be purchased from your local DIY store.

Looking at a recent Toolstation catalogue gives an idea of the cost saving.

2 packs of 10 door stops £2.16

pack of 25 M6x25 roofing bolts with nuts £1.50

pack of 100 M6 pronged tee nuts £7.90

Total cost for 20 legs £11.56 inclusive of vat

You could probably save a little on the tee nuts by buying in smaller quantities at your local DIY which is what I did.

Nice Idea smile.gif

I had a similar one.

I used a hole cutter to cut our some feet.The hole in both feet and legs where counter sunk into which bolts and nuts where hammered.I used M8 x 75(pack of four 50p on market)

A little araldite glue can be used but mine where a tight fit.When they get used i will glue some rubber or plastic to the bottom of feet,to protect floor.

Tel

post-6919-127601925483_thumb.jpg

Perhaps add one of those sticky felt pads ( 100 for a pound in the poundshops) just in case you have wooden floors etc

Those sound good,thanks for tip,will look out for some

Tel

This sort of thing

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item563d07f65f

Comes in a range of colours from white , through light brown to dark brown , with a sticky face on one side, about 4mm thick. Usually there's 96 or a 100 assorted sizes per pack for £1 or thereabouts . It also includes several square pieces about 2" x 3" to make your own odd shapes and sizes.

Realy great value ,thanks for link.

Tel

Archived