Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Skarloey Railway 1942-1960: Scaca Fell Forestry Crossing

Tom F

4 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Thanks Tom - I understand...

I thought they might be Modelu - not sure what search terms to use though - can you remember how they're described?!

Many thanks and best wishes,

Gyp

To be honest, I couldn't quite remember, so I've had a look through the Modelu catalogue for you.

These seated ones were used:
https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product-category/finescale-figures/industry/1870-1947-ind/workmen-early-20th-century/

But the gravity train figures maybe useful too.
https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product-category/finescale-figures/industry/1870-1947-ind/gravity-slate-train/

All figures were painted by @Dan Evason of Tunnel Lane Model Railways, highly recommended.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 5

Thank you very much indeed!

Figure painting is something I quite enjoy - and am getting better at - so I'll do them myself! Loco weathering on the other hand needs a lot more practice, but practice makes perfect(ish), or at least good enough!

Thanks again and best wishes,

Gyp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Incredibly life like image. I don’t know how you do it! I’ve let my subscription slip but will definitely be getting a copy bravo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2024 at 17:36, Tom F said:

Evening everyone.

I always said I would keep the thread updated with news of any published material planned regarding the layout.

I'm really excited to say, that I have been asked by BRM to write an article on the layout (all 40+ft of it) which is planned to be published in the autumn. 

IMG_7544-2.jpg.ef8a1cb2b4dfaec487610c849a275020.jpg

There is 40ft of modelling of this standard? 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

13 hours ago, rockershovel said:

There is 40ft of modelling of this standard? 

Yes, in actually space, we are probably looking at about 46ft that the layout occupies scenically.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 5

On 11/05/2024 at 11:02, Tom F said:

Yes, in actually space, we are probably looking at about 46ft that the layout occupies scenically.

Is this layout going to any exhibits anytime in the future?

3 hours ago, RCP said:

Is this layout going to any exhibits anytime in the future?

No it’s a home layout.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I do miss seeing your work on this thread - I just never get round to looking at Facebook (it would be the only reason!) so I'm looking forward to the BRM article. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Barclay said:

I do miss seeing your work on this thread - I just never get round to looking at Facebook (it would be the only reason!) so I'm looking forward to the BRM article. 

Thanks Stuart, if it's any consolation I've set up a new RMweb thread for my new layout:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3