Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol N gauge 38xx min rad

rab

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure I've seen this question asked before,

but can't find anything.

Will the Dapol N Gauge 38xx cope with

2nd rad curves and Peco med rad points?

• RMweb Premium

Yes, mine are both fine over 2nd radius track and medium points. 

Edited by Kris
  • Thanks 1

We did have one on the colliery line on Hawthorn Dene once - a visiting loco.  It coped with the radius 1 turn at the end of the board, but didn't complete a circuit as it was too tall to get under the waste stone conveyor - which was deliberately low to keep main line locos out of the colliery.

Les

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Les1952 said:

We did have one on the colliery line on Hawthorn Dene once - a visiting loco.  It coped with the radius 1 turn at the end of the board,

Mine are a bit hit and miss on 1st radius curves but set track points just don't work. 

• Thanks 1

I used Setrack points in the fiddle yard on Furtwangen Ost (German 2-10-0s ran though with no problems whatever) but haven't used them since other than the R2 to R3 curved points on fiddle yard exits. I don't use them as facing points as I have a few locos of all makes that have issues with them.

Hawthorn Dene had mainly Streamline small radius- the majority were round the back and all out front were in the colliery yard.  The visiting 38xx had no problems with these.

Les

• Like 1