West Park

spenc

Well another morning up wide awake so here is a update of what I have done,  finally finished the wire's after a few desolders & resoldering there was 4 cantilever supports I didn't realise was the wrong height plus the gap between contact & support wire was different to the GWR ones it was only when I went to hang the wire's I noticed it so had to take them out and redo them,the single section is were it cross's the baseboard so i have done it so it just hooks on,I have give the wire's a base colour I need to give them a colour wash now,  don't know if brown or black would be right. The station lights are now glued on and some seats, don't think I will be doing anything today got a hospital appointment latter more tests and scans.

20221114_135604.jpg

20221114_135545.jpg

20221114_135541.jpg

20221114_135800.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

Looking good👍. Upto you of course, (from observation rather than an industry insider) the real thing look like they start a copper brown colour when brand new and over time become dark green. So I would propose a brown wash and the wires would probably look spot on. 

All the best,

Dave

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Looking good👍. Upto you of course, (from observation rather than an industry insider) the real thing look like they start a copper brown colour when brand new and over time become dark green. So I would propose a brown wash and the wires would probably look spot on. 

All the best,

Dave

Thanks for your comment I think brown wash would look better.

On 21/10/2022 at 08:56, spenc said:

Thank you for your comments,if my health ever improves at a later date I wouldn't mind taking it to a local Exhibition near to me, the down side is if I could survive a full day operating it and getting it there and back.

If you need any help, if I'm available in the UK I'll come by if you aren't too far from London? BTW it's Nick here from Rule 1 Model Railways :) 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

If you need any help, if I'm available in the UK I'll come by if you aren't too far from London? BTW it's Nick here from Rule 1 Model Railways :) 

Thanks for the offer it won't be till sometime next year but depends on how iam and I don't get any worse with my health.

• Like 1

Done a bit more to the layout platform signs are fixed down some people are there until I can get some more,redone the station building as the first one I did used the wrong card also put an extension on the hospital this has filled a gap along the back just got to find something to put in the gap were the road goes off between the chippy and the strand Hotel here some pictures of before and after station building and hospital plus some others 

20221101_142852.jpg

20221124_133043.jpg

20220912_101452.jpg

20221124_133310.jpg

20221124_133337.jpg

20221124_133125.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone 

Didn't realise it's been 3 months since last update there's not alot done health issues has stopped me and it's knocked me mojo out. I have done little bits but that's it there's a few more people and cars a burger van for the market made a start on the network rail yard some excellent stuff from dapr3d.com still got to make the yard grotty. Does anybody do a backscene to fill the gap in the photo.some good news last week the consultant at the hospital said they are going to operate on my knee no date yet but put it down as urgent he told me got hole in my bone and my cartilage is in bits so it's body filler and a bit of silicone if that doesn't work then it's full knee replacement I will still have arthritis but hopefully it won't be as bad just wish I could get rid of my other health problem's.

20230221_120058.jpg

20230221_120138.jpg

20230221_120118.jpg

20230221_120158.jpg

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

It's been nearly 6 months since I did last update,I had my knee opp beginning of July cleaned out and drilled into the ends of my bones at the moment I wish I didn't have it done in more pain now than before and on the happy juice (morphine) its restricted my standing and walking even more and sleep.on the layout it's all packed up we will be on the move soon so don't know when it will be put back if it does before I had knee done my wife has brought me a train for my birthday this month a Azuma in LNER livery that's the second one have nice, with the problems I have and my other health issues my mojo has gone for now, I keep looking at other layouts on here and youtube hoping to get it back and keep me sane.

20230812_125448.jpg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Hi Steve, sorry to hear you're still struggling with the knee, and whas this about being on the move? Going far? 

You've got a lovely little N gauge layout there. Is it the  building of layouts you enjoy more amd now that it's so complete the mojo goes?? If so, maybe sell it and start a fresh at the new place? 

I haven't been down your way for ages unfortunately.  

Keep smiling, and hope you find your mojo and the knee head better. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Hi Steve, sorry to hear you're still struggling with the knee, and whas this about being on the move? Going far? 

You've got a lovely little N gauge layout there. Is it the  building of layouts you enjoy more amd now that it's so complete the mojo goes?? If so, maybe sell it and start a fresh at the new place? 

I haven't been down your way for ages unfortunately.  

Keep smiling, and hope you find your mojo and the knee head better. 

Hi Scott 

My knee is that bad I feel like getting the saw out and cutting it off,I enjoy the building and running it I think it's a combination of my health and not being able to do anything,we will be staying local need a disabled friendly place,with the morphine in me I feel like I'm floating. I thought you had retired as you haven't been down here

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone 

Just a short post,a bit of a spark moment brought a bus & a coach on Wednesday morning from hattons nice speedy service arrived Thursday afternoon didn't realise they use amazon as delivery service and arrived before delivery slot well done . Here's a picture I was going to post in August of the AZUMA and my new public transport.  

20230915_172443.jpg

20230915_172237.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Still no news on house move health no better, this week my mojo come back a bit, another don't know good or bad but wondered what a 153 will look like in Northern livery so stripped it down and painted it transfers are from railtec.some of the transfers was small but it looks alright.the 158 is a dummy unit so it will be coupled to the 153.

20231020_130326.jpg

20231020_130456.jpg

20231020_130308.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well I knew I shouldn't have painted the 153 too see what it looks like in Northern livery, I now have 150,153,158 and now a fictional but they could be if they get transferred 350emu in Northern colours just waiting transfers from Railtec. The white was from a rattle can and blue brush painted so now it looks like I better start on the two 156 dmus you can see what area it's going to be set in now,all I need is some vinyls to cover the 800 in transpennine livery there's no way I'm painting that one.

20231103_103758.jpg

• Like 3

Transfers all on now and body's back on the chassis,my hands not as steady as they used to be plus some of the transfers are small but it looks alright. Have a day off from the models tomorrow give my eyes a rest then start on the 156s.

20231108_142440.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Good to see you're still at it Steve and that you survived the storm; undamaged.   

Hi Scott 

Mojos back for now so while waiting for the move I will get some painting done on my stock was going to vinyl them but just two colours I decided to paint instead and use railtec transfers I will wait until electras vinyls become available for the 800 GWR to go TPE livery not painting that one,plus it keeps my mind active.yes we survived the storm I think the work they did on the beach broke the waves down a bit otherwise it would have been like 2014,don't you come this way anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well we finally pick the keys up on our new place on the 30th it's nice and no steps and we won't get flooded from the sea,down side is it's only got one bedroom but far better for me so layout will not fit as it is I will have decide sell it or try and alter it but in the long run my health is more important. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well the move went well,it's great no steps to walk up and down, another bit off good news my layout will fit in the bedroom along one wall and still loads of space wife approved with no alterations apart from new legs for it get those in January,think might be pushing it to extend so happy as it is. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi

A belated happy new year, the new legs arrived from White rose modelworks hopefully I will get them put on next week so I can get the layout up and running still got a few boxes to sort out from our move, we can still see the sea but not as close and no steps to climb which is doing my knees good. Hopefully my TPE mk5s will be here in the next few days, that's about it for now.

Looking through temu shop site the other day and put in model railway and buses and saw these buses I did put in for n gauge but these come up at 1.50th so I decided to order one to see what they are like for £3 pound odd the doors are on the left so fits in it arrived and it's not to bad for the price it might need painting but it looks modern placed in the right spot it will do.what do you think.

20240124_103749.jpg

20240124_103642.jpg

20240124_103624.jpg

20240124_103533.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 3