West Park

spenc

8 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Like your  stock  the livery is very striking and you have taken a great deal of care in its application .The overhead has been very well done and looks the part when it comes to figures have a look ModelU they will compliment the layout and you have a great choice I use them and am very pleased with the result.Look forward to nextdevelopments.

Thank you I could have chosen a area down near to home to model but seeing the TPE  livery and not modelled a layout with overhead wires I decided to give it a go there's more emus to get, the vinyls are alright as long as you line them up they go down OK I will have a look at ModelU.

Finally finished putting the wire's on tested it with the 350emu had a few problems with the pantograph slipping over the wire's to much pressure and doesn't like going into platform 1 so restricted to 2 & 3 so set to safe height with a tiny blob of glue it's not 100% but without tacking it all down and starting again which I don't really want to do it's going to stay here's a photo with the only freight wagon which will be on this layout.

20210819_155413.jpg

20210819_162912.jpg

20210819_155443.jpg

20210819_155130.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Small update 

Not worked on layout since August health wise up and down moments all I want to is sleep now leg playing up using a stick to walk with, trip to Poole hospital on Thursday to have a pet scan  radiation injected into me,  hopefully to give us some answers.

• Friendly/supportive 2

Just stumbled across this through your last post. Firstly and most importantly I wish you all the best and hope that your health will improve.

Far less importantly, the layout looks like it's coming along nicely and the ohle looks good and adds a lot to the feel of the layout. 

All the best,

Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Just stumbled across this through your last post. Firstly and most importantly I wish you all the best and hope that your health will improve.

Far less importantly, the layout looks like it's coming along nicely and the ohle looks good and adds a lot to the feel of the layout. 

All the best,

Dave 

Thank you,  my health you think it's starting to get better then all of a sudden it comes back but worse so hopefully with this scan they should be able to pin point what's going on. Just wish I could wake up one morning and be like I was a few years ago I will resume with the layout but at the moment my mind is not with it.

Steve

On 18/01/2022 at 14:35, spenc said:

Small update 

Not worked on layout since August health wise up and down moments all I want to is sleep now leg playing up using a stick to walk with, trip to Poole hospital on Thursday to have a pet scan  radiation injected into me,  hopefully to give us some answers.

Hi Steve, 

Hope today goes ok, sorry you're still having troubles.  Might see you over the next few weeks, got another course starting! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Hi Steve, 

Hope today goes ok, sorry you're still having troubles.  Might see you over the next few weeks, got another course starting! 

Thanks Scott 

It went OK I'm a bit flooded with all that water I had to drink no food in there for two and a half hours I will now in a few days with the results,better not Trump I might start world war 3 with the radiation still in me ha.ha it was nice having a chat with you the other week nice to see you on the ground instead of you doing a fly past I will look out for you.

Steve

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

There's a lot of changes to the layout my health issues has not been getting any better but good days I have done bits and bobs not posted anything but will try and get some pictures on here here is a little taster the 3 models are what ifs plus I like them.156436,156438 &350712 vinyls are from Adam Warr at electrarail.plus name change soon.

20220709_160929.jpg

20220709_161147.jpg

Edited by spenc
Missed name change soon
  • Like 3

• spenc changed the title to West Park

After a long gap and my wife kicking me up the backside and her help we decided the last layout didn't look right so we stripped it down to bare boards and started again recycling  what we could including the ballast that got washed then put in the oven to dry I have changed the overhead gallows to the ones used on GWR main line they are from nbrasslocos, the station building and various shops and buildings are from scalescenes,johnsmodel railway, road markings,fences are from scalemodelscenery there's still alot to do signals,speed signs street and platform lights more vehicles and people fix the masts in do the overhead wires but now I can now run trains,I could not have done all this without the help of my wife her building skills are good aswell so she named it as West Park it was only fair.its been really tiring at times to do this lots of sleep plenty of painkillers now she's back at work it's nice she has school holidays off I have been doing bits and bobs.

20220912_102437.jpg

20220912_102351.jpg

20220912_102423.jpg

20220912_102326.jpg

20220912_102413.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Top stuff 👍. That's really taking shape nicely isn't it.

All the best,

Dave 

Yes I'm pleased with this one didn't know the wife had modeling skills first building she did wasn't good so just printed another one off and done a great job will get track clean up and run some trains

Steve

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Good to bump into you this morning.. Layout looks great in the flesh. 

Its got me thinking about an N gauge layout again. Might have to request Elaine's help with the buildings, and of course I'll have to have a chip shop! 😀

It was good to see you sorry you missed your coffee but I bet you made up for it later I will keep a eye out for you when you are down here next I will post some pictures later and for N gauge go for it alot good modern models now from units to locos and you can get a lot in a small space.

Finally got the track cleaned so here's some pictures what I should of took Saturday but Friday night my knee decided it didn't want to keep me upright so I fell nothing broke just bruises to my side,arms and more pain to the leg and the shape of the handle of my walking stick where I fell on it.20220925_140803.jpg.b7e3041b430ce7adbaed024153492332.jpg

20220925_135711.jpg

20220925_140547.jpg

20220925_140259.jpg

20220925_135958.jpg

T20220925_135711.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 8

Well think the NHS wants me to stay alive this winter flu jab 23rd Sept and my 5th covid jab 30th Sept which i had my 4th one June this year,what they was telling me I will have to have one every 3 months only problem so far left top of arm a bit of pain, now to the layout been looking for non working station & Street lamps looked on Websites firms selling them and looking at ours around here I think this looks as close as I can get for modern LED types still need some working to them.

20221002_101237.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to do some more with the street and station lights,  looking on line didn't realise how many different shape LED lights they was so with them being that small I decided to go with the simplest shape trying to file them would be a no no for me, station ones done started street one now.only loose fit at the moment.

20221019_134511.jpg

20221019_135816.jpg

20221019_140203.jpg

20221019_134806.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Good work Steve, I went to an exhibition at the weekend and now my youngest wants to do an N gauge layout.. Happy days 

Yes it's coming along now keep doing bits when I feel up to it, not been to a Exhibition for age's as not driving at the moment it's trying to persuade Elaine to take me,don't blame me for your son wanting a layout in N gauge at least you can do him a small one plenty  of choice of stock. 

• Like 1

I have to say it is jolly nice of TOCs to operate such short trains these days that allows a model such as West Park to have prototypical length trains.  Even a HST in GWR colours should you so wish, can be a nice compact unit now.

One of my earlier layouts was designed around a HST, I wanted a 7 coach 253 - lovely train when it was all together, but boy was it long and it dominated all decisions on designing the layout - the fiddleyard, the platforms and the type of station.  I know I could have dropped a couple of coaches, but it then didn't look quite right.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I have to say it is jolly nice of TOCs to operate such short trains these days that allows a model such as West Park to have prototypical length trains.  Even a HST in GWR colours should you so wish, can be a nice compact unit now.

One of my earlier layouts was designed around a HST, I wanted a 7 coach 253 - lovely train when it was all together, but boy was it long and it dominated all decisions on designing the layout - the fiddleyard, the platforms and the type of station.  I know I could have dropped a couple of coaches, but it then didn't look quite right.

Planning on getting 4 coach HST when gaugemaster brings there's out just hope they bring the coaches out to make it 4 coach,never really had the space for a large roundy layout they always been end to end so not really had that problem.as i can't move about much now this is just the right size to sit and play hence no freight.

Edited by spenc
Missed, and

18 hours ago, lmsforever said:

A very good layout the stock is excellent and the scenics are very pleasing to the eye hope to see at a show sometime .

Thank you for your comments,if my health ever improves at a later date I wouldn't mind taking it to a local Exhibition near to me, the down side is if I could survive a full day operating it and getting it there and back.

Well I didn't expect to be up at 5am this morning but when it's pouring it down outside and nice lighting display over the channel they was no way of going back to sleep so up i am,

To the layout

This is a rule 1 layout it's set somewhere off the London-Wales mainline Bristol area it used to be a 4 platform terminus station but back in the day when they was a fall in passenger numbers they decided to sell half of the station area for development so all the track layout was stripped to bare minimum with just 2 platforms they was reduced in length as can be seen and used by local services,now the twist when it was announced the London-Wales line  was going to be electrified they decided to do West Park as it sits at the end of a  triangle so they can use it to turn trains with that things started looking up for the station as passenger numbers increased, GWR are the main operator here so they started improving the services,

Rule 1 kicks in again

As I already have stock but not all for the area I'm doing and didn't want to sell them

800 GWR Livery West Park-Paddington service

350emu GWR Livery  West Park-Cardiff service

156dmu GWR Livery  West Park-Weymouth via Bristol 

156dmu GWR Livery  West Park- Portsmouth via Bristol 

153dmu GWR Livery  West Park-Bristol local 

220 voyager X country West Park-York via Birmingham 

When the GWR 4 car HST castle set comes out I will get one plus a 387emu

Think that's about it for now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Done a bit more on the layout yesterday,the street lights painted and stuck on station & car park at the front are painted but not stuck on overhead wires need putting on first, done one platform after much soldering & resoldering and burning fingers started on the next one but the light faded with all this rain so today hopefully make a start again.they are done into 5ft lengths it is only placed on at moment.

20221101_142720.jpg

20221101_142852.jpg

20221102_132051.jpg

20221102_131914.jpg

20221102_144211.jpg

Edited by spenc
Spelling mistake
  • Like 7