diesel maintenance dept sounds

kspoons

has anyone put sound in a small maintenance depot shed to simulate the sounds you would get there

if so where did yuo get sounds from and what kit did you use?

i notice dcc supplies have got something but it seems usa orientated

kspoons

• RMweb Gold

Check out the ITTC sound cards at Bromsgrovemodels.

Link below:-

http://www.bromsgrov...m?categoryId=52

The maintenance crew test sound doesn't work, but most of the others do, the industry one sounds good as does the track crew one mixed together.

Looks like you just need the speaker and away you go.

Cheers

Ian

I have never thought about back ground sounds before but what they have listed at bromsgrove is impressive. The track sounds version sounds ace.

If you get one could you give me an update on how easy it is to fix in the layout.

Cheers

Phil

I have never thought about back ground sounds before but what they have listed at bromsgrove is impressive. The track sounds version sounds ace.

If you get one could you give me an update on how easy it is to fix in the layout.

Cheers

Phil

have ordered the jack hammer etc together and an infra red detector so that when a loco has entered shed sounds of work will start automatically

have asked bromsgrove to sort kettle and swearing as suggested earlier as well

dcc do one as well but very american orientated - we need a station one as well

ken

For general background sounds of different types and lots of other toys take a look at fantasonics - there's also some advice on their old website linked off the main one about how to go about the process of background sound.

ordered unit from bromsgrove yesterday and as promised arrived today

have set up sound unit and it is most convincing and easy to use

will wire infra red unit to activate when loco enters shed this weekend

the noise in my train room (i mean garage) is getting to the point when health and safety may close me down

at one time tonight i had two 37s idling a class 25 arriving with a stone train and a class 108 trundling up and down

then put a 47 into the depot with the shed sounds on

ear defenders to the ready

all i need now is a unit to give me station sounds and announcements (does any know of any with english sounds)

kspoons

lots of free to down load sound in mp3 format here

www.freesound.org

a quick search from the home page for "station sound" brought up over a page of results.

John

installed the bromsgrove module with jack hammer, drilling etc all going on together and put a flickering led inside building so now get realistic sounds and visual effects - really good with low lighting

thanks for all replies

will look into staion sounds now

kspoons

I'll try the suggestion for depot sounds myself - thanks for that....

I use a cd of background sounds myself;

birdsong, sheep, cows etc.

Also, there are some sounds of traffic, city noises,

and some useful shunting noises - google "sounddogs"

it's a US company, but many sounds are generic - they even have some "UK" sounds.

The low-quality 8bit sound samples are free to download

(the idea is that you pay for a high-quality version)

I've edited my background sounds on Windows Movie Maker (usually free with Windows)

I find as a background noise, the quality is fine.

Onlookers often comment on the sound effects, but I think you need to keep them subtle -

and not overdo it by filling every second with a noise, or turn it up too loud.

It's funny to see folk looking to the ceiling at a show - to see where the birdsong is coming from... :lol:

Cheers

Marc

If you are using DCC btw then there is a sound project for the cheapie Digitrax soundbug decoders for just doing effects - in effect its a stationary loco that makes noises when prodded by DCC. I keep meaning to pay with it but last time got distracted by the sound project that plays a tune in a loop (and trying to make it do Ivor the engine)

Archived