EBay auctions not appearing in search results

Google tells me that it can take up to 24 hours for an active listing to appear as a search result, but from experience it is just a few minutes. So imagine my anger at spending a good few hours photographing and listing about ten items yesterday so they end just before a day when I know I can get them posted, for them still not to appear in search results or in member's items for sale. I've messaged eBay several hours ago but have yet to get a reply. 

Is this common (I've sold many times before but not recently), and is there something obvious I might have missed?

• RMweb Premium

Another of the latest wheeze's from Ebay's dedicated Department of Stupid Ideas is that they will now randomly filter your search results if they (or rather a supercomputer with an algorithm) feel some of the results are not applicable.

There will be a note at the top of the search results saying some have been omitted, you can then click show all (I think it is) and then you discover that actually the items you were actually searching for were indeed filtered out.

Another irritating feature they have rolled out now is that search results keep defaulting every time to worldwide and you have to keep selecting UK Only on every single ruddy search!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Another annoyance is searches not displaying relevant results. For example, I needed to purchase a replacement loco-tender plug form Hornby for which the part number is X6113. It's available on Ebay from Peter's Spares but if you search on "Hornby X6113" their item doesn't show. It was only when I searched later and mistyped X9113 that it shows up under "results using fewer words". 

The item is still available here.

• Friendly/supportive 1