Dapol announce a new run of N gauge Class 27s

MGR Hooper!

5 hours ago, John M Upton said:

What shade of BR blue will they use this time though? My two plus a couple of 26's are distinctly greenish.

Dapol have been advised by a few modellers to use the BR Blue that they used on their Class 52 Westerns and Class 50s. Hopefully that shade then? 

• 1 year later...

hi

I bought next18 decoder fitted 27042.

does anyone know how to configure the lights so they operate correctly?

currently it has white marker lights in forwards. I want the marker lights out and only the roof headcode box lights on (as per the real locos).

no idea what cv values would do this.  it would have been nice if Dapol had set it up to work correctly out the box!

cheers

tim

31 minutes ago, bluedepot said:

hi

I bought next18 decoder fitted 27042.

does anyone know how to configure the lights so they operate correctly?

currently it has white marker lights in forwards. I want the marker lights out and only the roof headcode box lights on (as per the real locos).

no idea what cv values would do this.  it would have been nice if Dapol had set it up to work correctly out the box!

cheers

tim

Depends on how it is wired, this is an older model done up with a better circuit board because the old ones were total cr8p.

Does it have seperate wiring to the lights and head code?  What chip are you using?

hi woodenhead

it came with a Dapol imperium next18 fitted.

I've not looked at how it's wired yet.  not removed the body.

I had expected Dapol would have sorted out the lighting issue when they upgraded the model to next18. maybe I expected too much. it would seem very odd to go to the bother of upgrading it though but not fixing the incorrect lighting at the same time.

if no one on forums or Dapol know how to fix it I will have to open it up and surgically disable the marker lights at one end. that's a real shame though, esp. on a new model. 

cheers

tim