Bryn Bach O-16.5

millsie

OK i thought id better start a thread on here, as im on here as much as NGRM, sorry to all those on it!

I bought the layout in april, and picked it up in early may, all the way from welshpool!

so what you see in the pics, id like to take the redit for, as its beautiful, but unfortunately i didnt do!

the layout website is HERE, progress pictures are in the blog area!

Here is the smallest loco in the fleet, a smallbrook saddle tank

DSC00072-1.jpg

and here is the largest loco - so far!

DSC00070-1.jpg

and the size comparison

DSC00071-1.jpg

At derby i bought some Hornby railroad wagons to cheaply bash into 7mm wagons, i cut the vuffers and coupling hooks off and heavily weatherd them

here is one of them

DSC00083.jpg

Here are some pics from the previous owner

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

PLEASE let me know what you all think, and ill keep this updated as and when i do a bit more!

martin

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Charming stuff. The attraction of this utterly freelance world is that it is limited only by the builder's imagination - nearly anything goes. Nit-pickers and pedants - many of whom are so constrained by their quest for authenticity that they accomplish very little - pass you by on these layouts! More please.

Well i ventured into the shed today, got some more pics and half sorted the dead spot.

When photobucket starts behaving ill add them and post them here! anyone else havin a problem with uploading to photobucket tonight?

martin

its a Hornby bill/ben with a smallbrook cab conversion on it, iv just bought another 2 (bill and ben :P) for two more!

the wagons you see are cheap Hornby railroad EWS wagons witht eh buffers and couplings removed, as a cheap scource of rolling stock!

and thanks :)

martin

I was about to ask what the Saddle Tank was as well. I was guessing a Hornby Cally ST with considerable bashing. Good work anyway, it looks very convincing given it's origins wink.gif

Its a Hornby Bill/ Ben model with a smallbrook studios conversion kit. Looks really good?

• RMweb Gold

its a Hornby bill/ben with a smallbrook cab conversion on it, iv just bought another 2 (bill and ben :P) for two more!

the wagons you see are cheap Hornby railroad EWS wagons witht eh buffers and couplings removed, as a cheap scource of rolling stock!

and thanks :)

martin

Cheers, I have one of those in a box somewhere! - I guessed it was but you have done further mods to the cab? does it run well?- the railroad wagons do look the part, am quite suprised by that, upi would think they might look underscale.

RE the wagons... going off some dimentions for some chivers kits, they are only 2mm narrower and of the same length!

im going to chop some more bits of the underframe though.

RE the loco....the orginal cab was removed and thrown! and the small brook cab put on, including chimney, dome, handrails, saftey valves (not yet fitted) and whistle. an easy kit. anyoen can do it, just make sure that all teh parts sit flush before gluein as they do look off when they arnt on properly.

that loco is DCC fitted, and its a beautiful runner on DC track! not tried it on DCC, and im not going to as bryn bach is DC :)

martin

well two more Bill/Ben locos arrived yesterday, and i have been shopping today!

went and bought loads of various grass scatters ready to begin turfing!

pictures will be poseted when i find my camera!

martin

• 1 month later...

been a bit of time since a last update, had a few track problems, they are all now sorted, and will have to replace one point motor, bu nothing too serious.

done some more ballasting on the other board - now it works again, and will start on the hillside soon

again pics are to follow

martin

Very nice.

Always wanted to do the Bill and Ben bash! Are they digital out of the box? For the money I would have thought not but as I am digital now it is important to know if there is an extra cost for chipping.

The cheap wagons look surprisingly good as well. Interesting that 4mm wagons are only 2mm different from 7mm scale stuff. In our freelance world, that means absolutely perfect! Close coupling helps as well.

If you want to know how to make cheap grass tufts, just ask and I will reveal all. Back to making bricks for my Gn15 layout today.

• 8 years later...