Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann project researcher vacancy

AY Mod

• Moderators

You never know; there may be someone with 'the right stuff' reading this on here (as opposed to armchair pontificators).

Job Opportunity at Bachmann – Project Researcher

We have an exciting and interesting opportunity for a hardworking, self-motivated Project Researcher to join our Model Collect Create (MCC) team, developing collectable models, toys and hobby products ranging from diecast road and rail vehicles to toys and plastic kits encompassing military and non-military subjects. You will be expected to be able to start and follow through multiple new projects to completion while working to deadlines, and liaising on a day-to-day basis both with the other members of the MCC team in the UK and third party manufacturers overseas. 

The successful candidate will have the ability to research, analyse and compile detailed product briefs; possess strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in using Adobe and Office digital tools.

For a typical project you will be required to: 

Source and interpret reference material relevant to each prototype

Assist on-site visits to survey full-size prototypes 

Liaise with acknowledged third-party experts, museums, heritage groups, owners 

Liaise with the MCC artwork team with product decoration requirements 

An understanding of modelling and collecting, and interests in historical and modern transport spanning land, sea and air, will be beneficial. 

We offer a competitive salary plus company benefits to the right applicant. 

Please apply with a covering letter and full CV by the 27th August 2021 to:

Job Application – Project Researcher Bachmann Europe Plc, Moat Way, Barwell, Leicestershire LE9 8EY or email christina.jones@bachmann-europe.co.uk

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Fireline said:

Paging @Islesy....

Once upon a time, maybe, but I've found my niche with Accurascale now :locomotive:

It'll be a great job for someone though, and Barwell isn't that bad a place to be....

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Agree, but if your an IT analyst, chances are your earning pretty good.

Which may not matter if you are at a point where you aren't enjoying it anymore and are looking for a change.

One of Rapido's Canadian employees went from earning good money as a transit bus driver to working for Rapido because it was far more enjoyable despite the pay cut.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Which may not matter if you are at a point where you aren't enjoying it anymore and are looking for a change.

One of Rapido's Canadian employees went from earning good money as a transit bus driver to working for Rapido because it was far more enjoyable despite the pay cut.

I am reaching the late afternoon, or maybe early evening of my career, and whilst the day job has been good to me, I do often wonder about work in a field that I enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

True but moving from a good income spent on a hobby, to a lower income working in the hobby is very different.

Not to say there isnt an income in it, my father was a model railway sales rep for 20 years, and he never complained, he did live and breathe it night, day and weekends. Favourite visits were Wales and Scotland, 1000 miles a week driving, 5 to 7 customers (shops) a day… his small red van was legendary (he preferred comission to a car, so carried stock with him at all times and refused a car as it couldnt carry much).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Unless I'm reading it wrongly, this post is not actually on the model railway side — the MCC (?!) announcements are usually separate, and it refers to diecast road and rail vehicles. More likely EFE (not Rail, apart from the tube stock), among others.

• Like 1