NGS Snowplough - launch liveries announced

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello folks,

The N Gauge Society has announced the first set of liveries it will be producing for its BR Independent Snowplough models.

Eight different liveries will be offered, covering the entire working lives (so far!) of these vehicles.

The liveries and running numbers have been chosen on the basis of orders taken and feedback I have received. Two running numbers indicates the vehicles will

have different numbers on each side. Images can be found on the NGS website here:

http://www.ngaugesociety.com/index.php?page=forthcoming-products-3

The list is:

(NGK42-1) BR Plain Black early 1960s. DB 965206. Era 5.

(NGK42-2) BR Black with hazard stripes. DB 965225. Era 5-6.

(NGK42-3) BR Blue. ADB 965240. Era 6, 7.

(NGK42-4) BR Black with Inverness Stag motif. ADB 965205. Era 8.

(NGK42-5) BR Black 1970s/80s. ADB 965189. Era 7,8.

(NGK42-6) BR RfD triple grey "Snow King" Era 8.

(NGK42-7) Railtrack black. ADB 965210, ADB 965236. Era 9.

(NGK42-8) Network Rail black. ADB 965232, ADB 965243. Era9.

The two offered liveries that have not generated enough pre-orders to go into production are the BR Black with Scotty Dog version, and BR 80s black with extra

stripes on the plough and white roof. These are both from Era 8. Anyone who has ordered these two and has not suggested and alternative is requested to contact the NGS shop with instructions.

Some of the liveries (especially 1, 2 and 8) are selling very quickly and it's possible they may be sold out before Warley. Any feedback welcome.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben;

Thanks for the info on these. I guess that I was one of the minority who wanted an Eastfiels ' Scottie Dog' version. Guess I'll have to make do with an Inverness one instead. I suppose I could get a plain black one and add the dogs and renumber!!!

Good Luck with the project.

Regards;

STU in KNIDB)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu,

As a taster, here is a copy of the livery diagram for the Inverness version:

post-420-127641825254_thumb.jpg

This and artwork for all the liveries we are offering can be found on the website on the link posted above.

cheers

Ben A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

(NGK42-6) BR RfD triple grey "Snow King" Era 8.

What are the chances that this version is supplied with transfers for either snow king and snow queen, so either or both could be modelled?

(I've pre-ordered 2 in this livery)

Cheers

Stu

• RMweb Gold

What are the chances that this version is supplied with transfers for either snow king and snow queen, so either or both could be modelled?

Cheers

Stu

Hi Stu,

For Snow Queen, all you really need is a different name and to change one digit of the vehicle number. It may be worth asking Precision Decals or Scale Model Transfers whether they can produce these.

As an aside, we did offer to produce models with different identities on each side (so that when turned through 180 deg the models would seem like one of each) but only customers for the Railtrack and Network Rail versions expressed a preference for this.

cheers

Ben A.

Archived