Frame or GA Drawing for LNWR 2-4-2 or Webb Coal tank?

Guest WM183

Hello folks!

Does anyone know of a book or source for a GA drawing, or at least a very good scale drawing (a frame drawing even, is a godsend) of an LNWR 2-4-2T - 5'6 is my favorite - or a 0-6-2T Webb coal tank?

Thanks much,

Amanda

I have ordered the Talbot book from ebay - 7.60 became over 30.00 euros, sigh - and will get the Webb coal tank print when I get paid for a couple commission pieces. Thanks so much folks!

This looks possible!!

EEE

Thanks for the heads up on the HMRS, and the recommendations! I want to do a 2-4-2t first, I think, so no hurry on the Webb tank GA.

eee!

On 01/11/2021 at 10:06, WM183 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the HMRS, and the recommendations! I want to do a 2-4-2t first, I think, so no hurry on the Webb tank GA.

eee!

Are you scratch building?   I can comment on the Gladiator coal tank: it goes together a dream.   Everything fitted.   Mine is 7/8ths finished, runs like a champ (with a Mashima motor and nylon worm) and really only needs detailing and brakes.   Almost ready for paint.

1 hour ago, bluestag said:

Are you scratch building?   I can comment on the Gladiator coal tank: it goes together a dream.   Everything fitted.   Mine is 7/8ths finished, runs like a champ (with a Mashima motor and nylon worm) and really only needs detailing and brakes.   Almost ready for paint.

Hi Blue,

I do plan to scratchbuild these! I've got several wagon and coach scratchbuilds under my belt and I enjoy it a lot. I live in Holland so Brexit made things a lot more expensive, making scratchbuilding even more appealing. I'm frightened to try an expensive kit at any rate. If I ruin 20 euros worth of metal its no big deal. If I make a mess of a kit that costs hundreds of pounds its rather different!

1 hour ago, WM183 said:

Hi Blue,

I do plan to scratchbuild these! I've got several wagon and coach scratchbuilds under my belt and I enjoy it a lot. I live in Holland so Brexit made things a lot more expensive, making scratchbuilding even more appealing. I'm frightened to try an expensive kit at any rate. If I ruin 20 euros worth of metal its no big deal. If I make a mess of a kit that costs hundreds of pounds its rather different!

Well, I can only tell you that you're are not going to ruin the Gladiator kit.    If I had the energy to scratchbuild I'd build something for which there was not a kit.  I sent you a message regarding some Dinghams available.

LNWR forever!

Kevin

Edited by bluestag
Spelling