Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

tractionman

• RMweb Gold

The guy has the proper aligning tool/fitting template and he said he’d do it while I was there when I booked the bike fit but now have them set up properly I’ll do as you say and use MK1 eyeballs in the future when I need to change the cleats 

After a swerve, or two into a blind alley and wasted scrutiny of Scandinavian market ID3s due to the use of the term retractable, the arrival of our car at the dealership confirmed that it doesn’t have a retractable bike carrier fitted but has instead the transport hitch preparation (behind the number plate) to allow a cycle carrier to be mounted…

BeRTIe

EACF9EC9-A2D2-464C-BE30-BEF88B8A38B2.jpeg

735A134C-9760-4FFA-9B59-156575EBD7FC.jpeg

E8C54D89-D8DB-462B-AC68-32CE67B7D13B.jpeg

Edited by BR traction instructor
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I googled id3 retractable cycle rack when you first mentioned it the other week as I wondered how it would be done with it being such a bulky item 

I like the number plate idea though, the Mini Countryman has two removable plugs in the bumper for the rack to push into to secure but yours looks nice and clean when there is no rack attached 

…it is tow ball shaped apparently but is not designed to be used for towing…the modified ball apparently prevents a normal towing socket from being dropped onto it.

The carrier also folds with bikes attached to allow the hatchback to be accessed normally.

BeRTIe

• RMweb Gold

Got the same saddle as I have on the road bike for the hybrid bike yesterday, I’ve tried to get the dimensions about the same as the other bike but the hybrid is a bigger bike and most dimensions are about an extra 2cm over the road bike and obviously the handlebars are completely different but I’ve got it pretty close in similar places I recon, the main measurement I wanted right was from the crank to the seat top which I’ve got the same as the road bike 

Quite a lot of bum support compared to the whyte seat which has quite a slope to it in front of the main seat part

IMG_6165.HEIC

IMG_6167.HEIC

IMG_6168.HEIC

IMG_6169.HEIC

Alongside the road bike, it looks higher but the crank on the hybrid is 2cm higher due to the bigger wheels so the distance from the crank to the seat top is actually the same, I’ve had to allow for the seat post suspension too as it does lower a bit once it’s sat on 

IMG_6166.HEIC

shockingly bad week of cycling this week, only managed 5 miles due to my shifts, next week won’t be much better either but then I’m almost on annual leave so will get some miles in up at the caravan 

Another quiet scenic ride discovered this afternoon was Silloth to Wigton via Abbeytown & Lessonhall. Just three short stretches on the busy B road…Silloth to Causewayhead, Abbeytown main street for 100yds and a 200yd bit approaching Wigton (Station hill turn)…

BeRTIe

5C126BD0-C3F1-4926-A589-EF32F61644D6.jpeg

F78CFE23-7A91-4EDC-840A-50122E554C6C.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've not posted rides much lately, as most are club rides of little interest here, and I'm not able to take many pics.

However, today I was able to visit Shuttleworth, which was discussed on here a while back...

20220713_155104.thumb.jpg.32071dd8601d6e339eeec5ae8293422b.jpg

20220713_154239.thumb.jpg.feb789913518d5eb454108e1e811e52b.jpg

20220713_154046.thumb.jpg.963adcb3d0d9881ddba170e485d9bcdb.jpg

20220713_151107.thumb.jpg.1d5392b74a890f4c1c4dcf096100f07c.jpg

First time I've been in to the Swiss Garden. Very peaceful, and quite delightful.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I sold my cube bike last week on eBay after I replaced it with the carbon one, buyer paid straight away and also paid for courier postage, got a bike box from the shop that did my bike fit and got it packaged up, it was collected on Friday for a Monday delivery but it’s gone missing between it being collected and the first courier depot in Stoke 

ive managed to get hold of the couriers (bike delivery) as well as the collection couriers (APC) who said it’s showing as collected, as I can prove on video thanks to my ring camera but it’s not been scanned in at the depot, currently they can’t find it in the warehouse so they may have to treat it as being stolen and get their security involved, as far as I’m concerned it’s gone missing from the van after leaving my care 

meanwhile the buyer has been very understanding and I’ve been in constant touch by eBay message and phone, it’s actually his first purchase on eBay but if nothing comes to light by tomorrow I may have to refund him the £375 he paid plus the £30 postage and see if I can claim back from the courier, I’ve told him to wait until close of play tomorrow and start an item not received claim with ebay, the only issue being I didn’t enhance the compensation (which was for damage cover) but I’m hoping as it’s gone missing in their care I may be able to get the value of the bike back otherwise I’m only covered for £100 

It’s not as if it’s a tiny package to go missing!

76BBCA18-6521-43B0-8C58-2A2BDA9389F3.thumb.png.e433da32dcddbe1334ca070afe242e6a.png

EDIT: just as I’ve posted this the buyer has been in touch by phone to say the courier has contacted him to say it’s been found in the ‘unidentified parcel’ department and it will be delivered tomorrow, I’ve not had anything though, here’s hoping it turns up with him! 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Couriers: lucky it wasn’t Hermes, because they own several black holes into which they feed parcels.

Swiss Gardens: Good, eh? 

Windmills: here’s one I visited earlier.

28421FE4-D6AC-4BED-B886-A260433674BC.jpeg

That's what I would call a Brill photo.

Bernard

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

32 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

A mill, at Brill.

Actually, it’s my bike posed...

in front of an Airfix kit.

I always supposed,

It ought to fit.

It just takes sufficient skill.

..  and bits which can be found for it!

Edited by jcredfer

• RMweb Premium

I took the gravel bike to the seaside today, had an ice cream and watched a little train departing, very nice way to spend a sunny day.

We started out from Machynlleth and headed west on NCN route 82 to Tywyn.  Getting there too early to see the 11:45 departure from the Wharf station we headed to the seafront for an ice cream. 

20220714_110908.thumb.jpg.12ef64d3d8ee6e3cf624c75509b2d51b.jpg

Then headed back to the station. 

20220714_114219.thumb.jpg.cca08c08e2a721f672c368ed94337766.jpg

I don't really like out and back routes, i prefer to try to make them into a loop, if possible.  For the return leg of our journey I'd spotted a tempting looking byway on the map that climbs up from Rhydyronen then joins back onto route 82 just to the west of Cwrt.  Some stunning views from up there, but a bit too chunky in places to be rideable on a gravel bike; I'd be tempted to do it again on a MTB though would make a great descent.

20220714_123644.thumb.jpg.5c973099e993568e567148ca19b07285.jpg

(It got a lot rougher and steeper than that!)

• Like 5

Sunday morning, 2 weeks and 1 day after testing positive for covid, I managed a 13 mile ride through woodlands and along the coastal path here in west Cornwall, felt more like 50 miles though, intending to leave around 6.30 but finally left at 8am,bought my total weeks mileage up to 41,managed 34 the previous week, month earlier was was doing 85-115 a week! 

IMG_20220717_091206.jpg

IMG_20220717_102736.jpg

IMG_20220717_102657.jpg

• Like 7